Semi-Formal???

margord

Question--I just can't remember.

I know RCCL use to do formal and semi-formal. Is that still the case. I have what I need for the formal nights (2 nights) but do I also need to pack for semi-formal or are all the rest of the evenings casual?

Question--I just can't remember.

I know RCCL use to do formal and semi-formal. Is that still the case. I have what I need for the formal nights (2 nights) but do I also need to pack for semi-formal or are all the rest of the evenings casual?

Smart Casual is the official designation. Even when they have it, a lot of people, maybe most, treat it as another casual night.

Smart casual has pretty much died. I've never noticed any different dress on smart casual night. My daughters and I were in a department store and saw a couple of cute summer dresses on clearance and one of them remarked that these would be perfect for Smart Casual night. We all 3 looked at each other and decided they were perfect because they were casual enough for casual night and would fit into a tiny ball in the suitcase without wrinkling, and could be worn with shoes we were already carrying. We no longer worry about an outfit designated for smart casual. The men in our group do not wear a jacket. They carry a dark suit for formal night. We carry a little black dress. No big deal. No extra luggage.

Just got off the Radiance where we had 3 or 4 smart casual nights. I wore a sport jacket and tie, (tux on formal nights) however most wore the same on smart casual nights as they wore on casual nights. If I do it again, I will probably do the same, but that's just me. You will certainly not be out of place dressing the same as casual.

Our smart casual is our casual, but we are always smart casual...hope that makes sense. We just dont do casual like others do casual. :D

We like lookin' good when we go for dinner!

snob.gif

Me, too. Casual is nice knit separates for me, and smart casual is a dress and jacket. DH is always a collared shirt and dress pants, no matter what. Formal is now a tux for him. He looks fabulous!

Thank you everyone. I appreciate your answers. I will consider it 2 formal and the rest casual.

I had to look up your cruise in question and I assume it is for Oasis this coming weekend. Having sailed Oasis, I can tell you that this plan will be perfect.

Enjoy your cruise. :) Oh, and check out the Solarium Bistro for breakfast (no extra charge for breakfast and lunch, only for dinner). Much better fruit selection than Windjammer and nowhere near as congested! :p

I had to look up your cruise in question and I assume it is for Oasis this coming weekend. Having sailed Oasis, I can tell you that this plan will be perfect.

Enjoy your cruise. :) Oh, and check out the Solarium Bistro for breakfast (no extra charge for breakfast and lunch, only for dinner). Much better fruit selection than Windjammer and nowhere near as congested! :p

Yes the Oasis and thanks for the hint on breakfast.

Marilee

Thanks for informing me of the difference. I never really paid attention to the designation before now, although I saw it in the Compass. We're still trying to decide if we want to do formal night this time around, or stick with WJ, and several nights in the specialty restaurants. We already have credit for one specialty dinner, so now just need to decide which restaurant (Liberty).

Our smart casual is our casual, but we are always smart casual...hope that makes sense. We just dont do casual like others do casual. :D

We like lookin' good when we go for dinner!

snob.gif

We also dress that way! This time, not bringing the gown, however. Palazzo dressy pants and top w/ beaded 3/4 jacket. Will switch out tops and jacket for 3rd formal and medium formal for mid-week one (It's a 12 nighter on Explorer). I think the 1st and last are the dressier formals? Can someone remind me? DH wears a dark navy suit, tie, etc. He looks just SO handsome!

I'll look for your clairification as to the Formal Nights.

We are leaving on November 7th!

Thanks in advance!

Archived