Cruise canceled boo hoo

mation101

Well its official after almost two weeks, RCCL finally is admitting that the June 3rd Radiance South Bound Alaska has been canceled due to dry dock.

I am bummed but it looks like we will be able to sail on the June17th Southbound.

:(:eek::(:eek:

Well its official after almost two weeks, RCCL finally is admitting that the June 3rd Radiance South Bound Alaska has been canceled due to dry dock.

I am bummed but it looks like we will be able to sail on the June17th Southbound.

mation: You didn't change cruises already did you? If so, did RCI offer you compensation????? I haven't heard from them yet.

I had to hide the Halloween candy before I ate the whole bag --- this is such a mess!

Karen

mation: You didn't change cruises already did you? If so, did RCI offer you compensation????? I haven't heard from them yet.

I had to hide the Halloween candy before I ate the whole bag --- this is such a mess!

Karen

No we have not booked yet. We are waiting to see what they offer and what our TA can do for us. But we have given her our wish list.

The futher into the summer you can sail the better as the weather will be a bit warmer, plus the ship will be refurbished so that can't be a bad thing!

They moved the dry dock twice now, once they changed a 12 day to a 5 day and some of the people that changed from that cruise were booked on this one, now they have to change again.

We were supposed to be the 2nd tour after the dry dock. And we really need to be home by the middle of June when the kids are out of school is when our work is really busy so the we either have to take the 1st or last Alaska cruise of the season. We took the fist one in 08 and loved the opening day feeling all across AK. Everyone was fresh and excited about the coming season.

So we still get to go, but if they cancel this one we will be SOL for the 11 Alaska season.

did they give a reason for the change? maybe they will finally fix the leaky pipes! that would be great.. but sorry you got cancelled....

I'm so sorry. As one of the original 5/15 cruisers I know your pain.

And no, being on a refurbished ship does not make up for all the planning and expectations you have had.

Hi all - We have been in contact with our TA since it looks and sounds like a canceled cruise for 6/3/11. We will be waiting to see what is offered and make a decision on what to do after that. The only real expense so far will be getting the airline miles back into our accounts. The hotel reservations were not prepaid. (Thank goodness) We were so looking forward to this cruise tour. We booked the cruise the 1st day it was available so we could get the specific cabin we wanted. Well...such is life!!!:o

Art & Michelle

HELP!!! So I just called RCCL and talked to two people who assured me that this is false and our sailing is still on. I don't believe them. I rushed online and put a hold on another sailing. I guess I call back tomorrow and try to speak to yet another person.

So it would help me if you could tell me did you get a call about it from RCCL? Was there a name and number specific for us to call. Perhaps I could ask for that person as well.

UGH. This is the 3rd time this has happened to us. I've already pre-paid all our hotels, and paid for our air. Not so worried about the air. I hope they protect our early booking date for this cruise. We booked before the price adjustment policy changed. I hope they protect our pricing too. So many details. My mind is not going to rest much tonight.

Karen

I'm already on my second bag. Ugh. I hate this. I haven't been notified either and can't seem to get RCCL to admit to it. I noticed the June 3rd sailing is no longer even posted on their site. Ours still shows Unavailable.

I'm already on my second bag. Ugh. I hate this. I haven't been notified either and can't seem to get RCCL to admit to it. I noticed the June 3rd sailing is no longer even posted on their site. Ours still shows Unavailable.

Cheryl, I am so confused. I know for sure the June 3rd cruse is cancelled --- that I was told by the RCI rep this morning and supported by numerous others who got the word from RCI. When I was on the phone this morning with RCI I specifically asked about our May 27th cruise and was told it was still on. However, many people are saying it isn't so. My reservation still shows active (not like the June 3rd one) and all my shore excursions are showing. Are we the only ones going crazy here????? :) Will check the website tomorrow and see if anything has changed. Maybe RCI is trying to put out one fire at a time.

I know you have a lot invested in this cruise --- hope it all works out for you.

Karen

Cheryl, I am so confused. I know for sure the June 3rd cruse is cancelled --- that I was told by the RCI rep this morning and supported by numerous others who got the word from RCI. When I was on the phone this morning with RCI I specifically asked about our May 27th cruise and was told it was still on. However, many people are saying it isn't so. My reservation still shows active (not like the June 3rd one) and all my shore excursions are showing. Are we the only ones going crazy here????? :) Will check the website tomorrow and see if anything has changed. Maybe RCI is trying to put out one fire at a time.

I know you have a lot invested in this cruise --- hope it all works out for you.

Karen

I'm wondering how they thought it was still on. It is crazy. So they are thinking of putting us on and sailing us north and then send the ship back south empty? Surely not.

Thanks. Me too. Did you select another sailing? We are looking at June 24.

Well, today RCCL looked up my cruise and they saw the May 15 cancelled for dry dock, and the June 3 cancelled for dry dock, but they still stand by May 27 is a go! WHAT??? So there's nothing they will do for me! I'm calling back this afternoon. Apparently if the computer says the sailing is still good, their hands are tied.

Well, today RCCL looked up my cruise and they saw the May 15 cancelled for dry dock, and the June 3 cancelled for dry dock, but they still stand by May 27 is a go! WHAT??? So there's nothing they will do for me! I'm calling back this afternoon. Apparently if the computer says the sailing is still good, their hands are tied.

The May 15th is a 5 day Pacific Coastal and is still on as of this time/date.

I'm wondering how they thought it was still on. It is crazy. So they are thinking of putting us on and sailing us north and then send the ship back south empty? Surely not.

I guess they could. Do external work during the first drydock. Sail May 27th. As they sail back w/o stopping, crew could be ripping out carpeting and such and then they continue internal work when they arrive in Vancouver.

Thanks. Me too. Did you select another sailing? We are looking at June 24.

Morning Cheryl. Another day of drama for us. Our cruise experiences are beginning to read like a page out of a soap opera. :)

As for alternate sailings for us, we still want to do the B2B so we are considering June 10 & June 17th. If not that, maybe we will have to find something on Celebrity. If May 27 is not cancelled by RCI then we will probably have to cancel ourselves --- this will cause us to pay the higher June prices --- don't want to think about that right now.

I also have a call into my cruise insurance company to see if I can change dates without incurring additional costs.

Keeping my fingers crossed that something happens soon.

Try to have a good day.

Karen

Morning Cheryl. Another day of drama for us. Our cruise experiences are beginning to read like a page out of a soap opera. :)

As for alternate sailings for us, we still want to do the B2B so we are considering June 10 & June 17th. If not that, maybe we will have to find something on Celebrity. If May 27 is not cancelled by RCI then we will probably have to cancel ourselves --- this will cause us to pay the higher June prices --- don't want to think about that right now.

I also have a call into my cruise insurance company to see if I can change dates without incurring additional costs.

Keeping my fingers crossed that something happens soon.

Try to have a good day.

Karen

We are now re-booked on the same cruise tour two weeks later.

Archived