Getting Carnival Credit for Princess Cruise?

suzski

Okay, I've cruised Carnival 4 times, and Princess once, with another Princess cruise scheduled for next September. I see that you get 'previous guest" credit for Carnival if you've cruised Princess before. I'm assuming that is because Princess is part of Carnival Corp. With that said, does my Princess cruise count towards earning Platinum status after 10 cruises? Just wondering.

Thanks!

No, no combining of credits. Since the past guest rate is pretty worthless, guess thats why pretty much anyone can get it.

I had only cruised Carnival back in the 1980s .. for which Carnival has no record and never gave me credit. I got a past guest rate the first time I booked in 2006, ... remember with NO RECORD of ever having sailed Carnival or any line they own.

Each cruise line has their own program. If you cruise on Carnival, you only get credit from Carnival and if you cruise on Princess, HAL, Cunard etc. you only get credit on that line towards platinum, diamond or whatever their program is called on each cruise line.

We cruised on Holland America several years ago which is also one of CCL's cruise lines but didn't get credit on Carnival and all my cruises on Carnival (now 13) don't count on HAL or Princess either.

Since all are under on company, Carnival, they do offer Past Guest Rates across the different companies to keep you cruising within the family of cruise lines.

Hope this helps answer your question.

Not entirely true. Celebrity and RCL have a shared program. If you have a certain level in one, you have the corresponding level in the other.

True, but I guess they meant that each line owned by Carnival had their own program.

Im putting in for a higher level on Celebrity, as soon as I hit diamond on RCL next year.

My understanding is that only the Past Guest rate applies. You do not get any of the perks that comes with the status of being a past guest.

Correct

http://www.worldsleadingcruiselines.com/VIP.aspx

VIP

Only World's Leading Cruise Lines offers you our unique Vacation Interchange Privileges®. Once you’ve traveled on any of our six world-famous lines, you’re entitled to currently applicable past guest savings offered by whichever cruise line you choose.

So, next time you plan a cruise vacation, take advantage of our six members offers – the contemporary sparkle of Carnival Cruise Lines; the Italian charm of Costa Cruises; the classic British tradition of Cunard Line; the five-star sophistication of Holland America Line; the affordable luxury of Princess Cruises; and the indulgent intimacy of the Yachts of Seabourn.

Archived