Location of Suites on RCCL

Kruz Guys

I'm looking at Mediterranean cruises for next year and particularly interested in suite accommodations. However, it seems that all of the suites on the RCCL ships are right beneath the pool and restaurant areas. That would seem to be a noisy place to put the most expensive rooms on a ship.

For those that have stayed in one of the suites, what was you opinion of the noise levels from the restaurants and pool areas, particularly at night?

Thanks for any reviews you can share.

:D

had 2 gs.'s on 10 day MED. CRUISE last yr.-we were actually pretty far forward-under the whirlpools-not pool-didn't really see any difference than most of our bal.noise,sometimes heard "scraping"-prob. chairs being moved-both had unrelated water problems-had to come in and put in new carpeting-gave us 500$ for the inconveince....

If you are talking about the Grand Suites they are not noisy at all. We had one several years ago, below part of the pool area and only heard the scrapping of chairs early one morning. You will be surprise how quiet "these expensive cabin" as you say it, are.

I'm looking at Mediterranean cruises for next year and particularly interested in suite accommodations. However, it seems that all of the suites on the RCCL ships are right beneath the pool and restaurant areas. That would seem to be a noisy place to put the most expensive rooms on a ship.

For those that have stayed in one of the suites, what was you opinion of the noise levels from the restaurants and pool areas, particularly at night?

Thanks for any reviews you can share.

:D

Here is a thread on it http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=966784

It depends on the ship. We've never had an issue on a Radiance class ship, other than the occasional thump or bump of heavy equipment from the Windjammer above, and have never heard a think on Mariner (Voyager class). On Rhapsody (Vision class), we could hear the pool band from above while walking down the passageway outside the suites (we weren't staying in one). But they only play during the afternoon, so other than having a nap interrupted, I shouldn't think that it would be any big deal.

The Windjammer closes at 9:30 (maybe it stays open later on European itineraries), so even if you do hear noise from there, it shouldn't last past your bedtime.:)

I stayed in a JS on Rhapsody several years ago that was under the pool deck. We heard lots of stomping and scraping sounds at night when the staff was putting the lounge chairs away for the evening. It would usually start between 11 PM and midnight. Sometimes we'd be woken up by scraping sounds in the middle of the night because passengers were getting chairs out so they could watch the stars. In the morning around 5 AM, the crew would be back to put the chairs out. THAT WAS ANNOYING! I don't normally get up that early. During the day we'd hear the occasional chair scraping or stomping. I won't pick a cabin under the pool deck again!

I did stay in an aft JS cabin on Legend but it was at the very back of the ship under the spa/sport deck. We never had any noise problems in that cabin.

I stayed in a JS on Rhapsody several years ago that was under the pool deck. We heard lots of stomping and scraping sounds at night when the staff was putting the lounge chairs away for the evening. It would usually start between 11 PM and midnight. Sometimes we'd be woken up by scraping sounds in the middle of the night because passengers were getting chairs out so they could watch the stars. In the morning around 5 AM, the crew would be back to put the chairs out. THAT WAS ANNOYING! I don't normally get up that early. During the day we'd hear the occasional chair scraping or stomping. I won't pick a cabin under the pool deck again!

I did stay in an aft JS cabin on Legend but it was at the very back of the ship under the spa/sport deck. We never had any noise problems in that cabin.

Thanks for your information. Very helpful.

Archived