Luggage Tags - Celebrity Summit

Kruz Guys

This question may belong in the "Stupid Question of the Day" thread but here it goes anyway.....

When are the luggage tags mailed? I have my Xpress Passes already but did not read anywhere when the luggage tags would be supplied. Our cruise begins December 11, 2010 so I don't think we are in a panic. :rolleyes: :)

Thanks

I have the same question for my sailing on the Solstice on Dec. 5, 2010. I have completed the online check-in and opted for e-documents. I did see a picture of a tag that I was supposed to print. However, it was just one tag between my g/f and me.

So whats the deal with luggage tag? Sorry....this may seem like a stupid question but I am a first time cruiser.

Thanks.

Kruz Guys: it may be too early to order your tags to be mailed. I encountered the same issue.

I believe there is a section on your "My Celebrity" (on the left hand side) that says Order Luggage Tags, or something like that.

Kruz Guys: it may be too early to order your tags to be mailed. I encountered the same issue.

I believe there is a section on your "My Celebrity" (on the left hand side) that says Order Luggage Tags, or something like that.

I thought it might be a bit early. However, I will keep looking on "My Celerbrity" the closer we get to the sail date.

Thanks for the info. ;) :D

You booked directly with Celebrity [don't know if it works the same way if you use a Travel Agent], you should soon receive an e-mail entitled Your Celebrity Cruises Electronic Documents Are Now Ready... Once you receive that e-mail, you should be able to request luggage tags [there will be a new link to do so] via your Reservation Summary tab on My Celebrity...

For what it's worth, I got that e-mail on October 9 for my November 27 sailing on Eclipse...

Note that you can complete the check-in process and print your Xpress Pass at anytime after you make final payment... But you won't be able to request luggage tags until you get notification that your cruise documents are ready [whatever that means]...

Hi,

I totally agree with Xport. I am booked on the Celebrity Summit cruise that departs on November 27 (booked this cruise on Celebrity's Web site). On October 9, I received a message stating that my electronic documents were ready. A luggage tag button was added to my reservation summary. I ordered my luggage tags on Saturday.

Chuck

We used a TA and had no problem getting the Luggage Tags. I do remember reading somewhere on these threads that there is a window to get them, something like between 45 and 14 days prior to the cruise. Before 45 and after 14 days prior, they aren't available. On the Celebrity Manage my Reservation site, there is a square on the summary tab for luggage tags.

Just don't order them more than once.

Enjoy your cruise!

OSU Buckeye

We too found a link appeared on our Celebrity reservation page (even though we book through a TA) about 5 weeks before the cruise for both our E-docs and the luggage tags.

If you don't have pre printed luggage tags you can always get them at the port - not a big deal.

when we sailed on Summit in Sept., we called after final payment was made to requestthey be mailed out to us. They arrived a few weeks before the cruise & they sent us way too may --about 8 each for a CC cabin for a 1 week cruise.. The ones they sent were the regular ones--nice & secure..

this probably need to be on the stupid question thread but are there only e-docs now? Or will I still get the paper ones in the mail? Should I request my tags regardless? My last cruise was in January (rccl) and we got paper docs. Do I have to make a specific request for paper? Do you now have to pay more for them? Where do I request my e-docs if that is the only ones I can get?

Celebrity and RCL went to E-docs only over the past year. On our cruise last March we got E-docs and another cruiser with the same TA who booked a little before us got paper docs.

I read somewhere on these boards that if you want paper docs you know have to pay for them - something like $35 and that luggage tags are only sent out on request and then only to the USA and Canada.

Celebrity and RCL went to E-docs only over the past year. On our cruise last March we got E-docs and another cruiser with the same TA who booked a little before us got paper docs.

I read somewhere on these boards that if you want paper docs you know have to pay for them - something like $35 and that luggage tags are only sent out on request and then only to the USA and Canada.

alrighty then, I will request my luggage tags now. But I don't see where I request my e-docs. I leave on november 26, are they not ready yet?

Hi Stephen!

No biggie to get them at the pier. The porters at both Miami and Ft. L. had bunches of them handy and quickly handled things. I have found these guys very helpful and always tip accordingly.

I will order the tags ahead of time too but won't worry if they don't come!

Hi Stephen!

No biggie to get them at the pier. The porters at both Miami and Ft. L. had bunches of them handy and quickly handled things. I have found these guys very helpful and always tip accordingly.

I will order the tags ahead of time too but won't worry if they don't come!

Hi Sandi:

Good to know. I, too, will request them ahead of time, but as you say, we can always gets them at the pier.

Thanks

Kruzy Guys

Stephen and Tom :D

For what it's worth, I got that e-mail on October 9 for my November 27 sailing on Eclipse...

The luggage tags that I requested last Saturday--October 9--arrived yesterday, October 16...

Celebrity causes many Maalox Moments for passengers.

I am booked in a PH suite, along with 3 of my gal pals. My brother and his wife are booked in a 2B cabin. I am responsible for completing the online checkin for both cabins.

I ordered one set of tags for each of us; no problem. But I knew that we would need an extra set. My brother can order another set; I can't....:eek: Maalox Moment. I called Celebrity and informed them that I had absolutely no intention of filling out luggage tags at the pier, and they had better send me another set. They did, but didn't appear to like it.

Oh well, I shall burn their a$$es on the cruise questionnaire. There is always another way to remind them who pays their salaries....

... I called Celebrity and informed them that I had absolutely no intention of filling out luggage tags at the pier, and they had better send me another set. They did, but didn't appear to like it.

Oh well, I shall burn their a$$es on the cruise questionnaire. There is always another way to remind them who pays their salaries....

Let me see if I understand this correctly...

You decided you simply couldn't fill out additional luggage tags at the pier, you called Celebrity to advise them of your stance on the matter, they sent you the additional tags (whether they liked it or not) and now you intend to burn the ***** of those who will be working hard to serve you (obviously, very hard) on the ship because you are miffed at the tone a customer service representative on shore may have had on the phone?

Well, alrighty then... :confused:

Celebrity causes many Maalox Moments for passengers.

I am booked in a PH suite, along with 3 of my gal pals. My brother and his wife are booked in a 2B cabin. I am responsible for completing the online checkin for both cabins.

I ordered one set of tags for each of us; no problem. But I knew that we would need an extra set. My brother can order another set; I can't....:eek: Maalox Moment. I called Celebrity and informed them that I had absolutely no intention of filling out luggage tags at the pier, and they had better send me another set. They did, but didn't appear to like it.

What cruise are you on? I hope you get your tags in time and don't have any problems.

Whoa, I sure hope you were joking. It takes a minute to fill out the tags at the port. If you are serious then you really need to readjust your expectations. Have you traveled by air in the last decade?

Archived