flight out of ft lauderdale

Is it doable?

Short answer: Yes, as long as everything goes smoothly and there are no delays between the ship leaving your last port of call and you walking onto the plane.

Trying to catch a flight that early has its risks because any one of many things could cause you to be delayed and you miss your flight.

If there is a flight a few hours later, that's the one I'd look at. But then, my tolerance for flight-related stress is very low. I would much rather sit for a few hours in the airport and know for certain I will catch my flight.

If you are comfortable taking that chance then the only thing I'd advise is to make sure you have a back-up plan just in case something does go wrong.

Oh, and this is only if you are sailing from Port Everglades. If you are trying to arrive in Port of Miami and fly out of FLL, then I wouldn't even attempt it.

Just realize that, should you miss that flight, you may be in for a long day at the airport since many of the early afternoon flights will be booked with fellow cruisers who booked those later flights. If you make it, no problem. If you miss it you'll be looking at standby seats on other flights.

While I really dislike hanging around after a cruise, I'll book a later flight and a post cruise shore excursion rather than deal with the pressure/anxiety of trying to get off the ship early, get to the airport, get checked in and make it to the gate. Others deal with this fine but, for me, I do better when I don't have that concern.

I know this question may have been asked before but could somone please help me is a 1030 am flight out of FLL do able Thinking of sailing navigator of the seas jan 2011 Thanks

It is doable but it is very tight on the schedule, everything would have to go right at the pier,the ship showing up on time, customs etc. It is worth a try but you might end up having to take a later flight, and if you miss it you are going home, it is not like your house is going to set sail without you.

There are more consequences to missing a flight than just going standby on a later flight; most airlines will charge you both a change fee AND make you pay the difference between the price of the tickets you purchased and the going rate for the flight you eventually are able to get on. Can be extremely costly and most travel insurance policies will only provide some relief if a very lengthy delay caused you to miss your flight.

We have a 10:05am flight out of Ft Lauderdale. We're not worried about it at all.

Ever hear of fog, immigration delays, computer breakdowns?

I give you credit though for not encouraging others to follow your plan. Good luck!

We have a 10:30 flight next month following our MSC cruise. Biggest challenge is we are traveling with an infant. But we are going to do express walk off and grab a taxi. As long as we are at the airport by 9 we should be good. We should be off the ship between 7:30 and 8 which should give us enough time.

I was going to take my chances with an 11:00am flight out of FLL after my cruise on the Liberty. I have been looking to change the flight to later on in the day. SW advises that those coming back from cruises arrive at the airport 3 hours early!!!:eek:. So trying to get from MIA, to FLL would be a little stressful to put it mildly. SW prices for the return flight at 1:50pn keep fluctuating between $200 and $166, so next time it hits $166, I going to change to that flight. It's only a $36 dollar difference from the original fare, so it's not too bad.

I was going to take my chances with an 11:00am flight out of FLL after my cruise on the Liberty. I have been looking to change the flight to later on in the day. SW advises that those coming back from cruises arrive at the airport 3 hours early!!!:eek:. So trying to get from MIA, to FLL would be a little stressful to put it mildly. SW prices for the return flight at 1:50pn keep fluctuating between $200 and $166, so next time it hits $166, I going to change to that flight. It's only a $36 dollar difference from the original fare, so it's not too bad.

Book it as soon as it comes up!

Archived