century 10/13 cruise cancelled in Nice

ghstudio

:mad::mad: I have written Guest Relations and told them that if I don't get a prompt and equitable response from my request for reimbursement that I will go to the Media!! I am fed -up with Celebrity thinking that they will wear me down.I will make it my life's work to scream about them until a media outlet listens!!!I don't care if it takes a year I will pester everyone that I can and they better listen. Don't give up everyone. We will be treated fairly.I have about 25 good sailing years left and I will spend my money elsewhere unless they make me whole.

:mad::mad: I have written Guest Relations and told them that if I don't get a prompt and equitable response from my request for reimbursement that I will go to the Media!! I am fed -up with Celebrity thinking that they will wear me down.I will make it my life's work to scream about them until a media outlet listens!!!I don't care if it takes a year I will pester everyone that I can and they better listen. Don't give up everyone. We will be treated fairly.I have about 25 good sailing years left and I will spend my money elsewhere unless they make me whole.

Good Morning America! ABC news

1. goodmorningamerica.com

2. Click Consumer

3. Scroll down to bottom of page, blue section.

4. Click on contact us.

5. Click on contact GMA

6. Fill out form.

Post from the Celebrity facebook wall yesterday............

sailed on the Celebrity Century from Oct 1-13th on the Mediterranean cruise and the rudders were terrible. i am reading the notes and glad they got it fixed. we had early seating dinner so every time we would leave port in the middle of dinner the table would shake so violently as well as arriving into port while i was... sleeping. are they giving rebates or anything to compensate for that? it was a very nice cruise but going through that every night in the middle of dinner wasn't fun.

Very interesting!!!! So Celebrity didn't know anything about the rudders, mmmmmmmm!!!!

Its a disgrace Celebrity haven't made all refunds by now & offered a free replacement cruise. Take a hint from Nike, JUST DO IT!!

Post from the Celebrity facebook wall yesterday............

sailed on the Celebrity Century from Oct 1-13th on the Mediterranean cruise and the rudders were terrible. i am reading the notes and glad they got it fixed. we had early seating dinner so every time we would leave port in the middle of dinner the table would shake so violently as well as arriving into port while i was... sleeping. are they giving rebates or anything to compensate for that? it was a very nice cruise but going through that every night in the middle of dinner wasn't fun.

Very interesting!!!! So Celebrity didn't know anything about the rudders, mmmmmmmm!!!!

Its a disgrace Celebrity haven't made all refunds by now & offered a free replacement cruise. Take a hint from Nike, JUST DO IT!!

Sorry to bust the bubble here, but we've sailed Century twice, first time in 2003, and the tables in the dining room shook back then when we were leaving port. Did the same thing on our second sailing on the ship a few years later. That's just the way that ship is.

Dianne

Our waiters told us on both cruises that the noise was normal leaving the ports.

Dianne

Celebrity also told everyone that we would be reinbursed for all airfares but that isn't happening so I wouldn't put much faith in what the waiters tell you.

You can read what their press release said for youself right here at CruiseCritics

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4164

Once you read that hopefully you will better understand why people that were on the cruise are so upset at them.

Celebrity also told everyone that we would be reinbursed for all airfares but that isn't happening so I wouldn't put much faith in what the waiters tell you.

You can read what their press release said for youself right here at CruiseCritics

Once you read that hopefully you will better understand why people that were on the cruise are so upset at them.

My initial response was to Posiedon who was quoting what someone said on Facebook regarding the dining room tables shaking violently when leaving port and the shaking when coming in to port.

I was just stating what we experienced on the two sailings we had on the Century a few years ago. Not doubting Celebrity's press release at all, and I did and do have faith in what our waiters told us on the ship during our previous two cruises.

Dianne

Mercury does the same thing. Maybe the thrusters?

My cruise earlier this year on the Mercury did not have the same rumbling and vibrations I felt on this Century cruise before told the cruise was canceled due to rudder issues.

Perhaps rumbling is normal, but the Century was experiencing something more than normal? Just speculating, of course, but perhaps it is why they inspected the rudders and found them damaged. I would love to know why they inspected them, again speculation, but I doubt it was a routine inspection.....

If Celebrity were more forthcoming with information, it would go a long way in helping us understand and eventually get past this unfortunate 1 day cruise.

Once they pay all they have promised, of course!

I'm sorry, but maybe I'm reading it wrong but that link does not say "all airfares"

I'm sorry, but maybe I'm reading it wrong but that link does not say "all airfares"

That link is not official information from Celebrity. That is a 3rd party (cruisecritic) interpretation of what they thought Celebrity was offering for compensation. It is not correct.

Celebrity also sent an email letter to passengers that detailed compensation. There are links to that letter but it is buried many many pages back. I believe the letter said that they would refund all airfare, but as I remember, the letter was still somewhat vague, and slightly open to interpretation (which has been a problem with all of their communications).

Sorry to bust the bubble here, but we've sailed Century twice, first time in 2003, and the tables in the dining room shook back then when we were leaving port. Did the same thing on our second sailing on the ship a few years later. That's just the way that ship is.

Dianne

Yes, I agree. I don't see any conspiracy.

I was on the Celebrity August 22 sailing. A few times at dinner we also experienced an intense vibration. We had the bridge tour the next day, and I asked a 2nd officer why there was a vibration at 8:30 last night. Without hesitiation, he told me that was when they throttled up and started the last engine. The vibration was from the propellers increasing speed with respect to the water flow which caused turbulance. Once the ship comes up to speed then the water flow equals the propeller speed, and the turbulance goes away.

It makes perfect sense to me.

Also when the ship is maneuvering in and out of port, they use thrusters which causes quite a vibration. They don't use the rudders when they are maneuvering very slowly.

The specific quote is:

Celebrity will now be offering full refunds for flights passengers purchased out of pocket to get home. This refund is in addition to the $250 passengers received onboard to cover any change fee.

we purchased a ticket, out of pocket, for the trip home since we had originally booked b2b cruises.

We are still waiting for the return flight to be refunded.

Oh my, oh my..... They will be getting an earful. I just received this:

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding your recent cruise on Celebrity Cruises. We appreciate the feedback we receive from our guests as we consider it a valuable opportunity to stay close to areas where we may improve our products and services.

I am inviting guests to participate in a survey regarding their recent interaction with our Post-Cruise Guest Relations department. By completing this survey, you will be helping us to further enhance our post-cruise interactions with you, our valued guest.

The survey will take approximately 5 minutes to complete. To participate, please click here (link disabled)

Please be assured that all of your responses will remain strictly confidential and will only be used to improve products and services at Celebrity Cruises. Once again, I thank you for taking the time to complete this survey.

Sebastian Drakalovich

Associate Vice President, Corporate Guest Relations

Celebrity Cruises

Graphic.php?IM=IM_8hUDwMaicdli6X2&SR=Prod

Graphic.php?SR=&IM=IM_0iETFUdkt4fdu8k

Graphic.php?SR=&IM=IM_a3mjybAxoOA255a

That link is not official information from Celebrity. That is a 3rd party (cruisecritic) interpretation of what they thought Celebrity was offering for compensation. It is not correct.

Celebrity also sent an email letter to passengers that detailed compensation. There are links to that letter but it is buried many many pages back. I believe the letter said that they would refund all airfare, but as I remember, the letter was still somewhat vague, and slightly open to interpretation (which has been a problem with all of their communications).

There was no vagueness or ambiguity in the note we received. It said "all airfare".

Any confusion is by posters here...or by celebrity reps who did not understand the unambiguous letter.

If cruise critic was misled, then they should be very concerned about the integrity of what they post......

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding your recent cruise on Celebrity Cruises. We appreciate the feedback we receive from our guests as we consider it a valuable opportunity to stay close to areas where we may improve our products and services.

I am inviting guests to participate in a survey regarding their recent interaction with our Post-Cruise Guest Relations department. By completing this survey, you will be helping us to further enhance our post-cruise interactions with you, our valued guest.

The survey will take approximately 5 minutes to complete. To participate, please click here (link disabled)

Please be assured that all of your responses will remain strictly confidential and will only be used to improve products and services at Celebrity Cruises. Once again, I thank you for taking the time to complete this survey.

Sebastian Drakalovich

Celebrity Cruises

I received this e-mail as well. Not sure how filling it out will impact this situation but I filled it out anyway.

Dear Valued Guest:

Sebastian Drakalovich

Celebrity Cruises

Wow....someone in Celebrity actually signed an email. He won't last long....

Just to pour more salt on the injury... well, for me at least.

Finally talk to the Celebrity rep. about my refunds again and they said they've refunded everything on the credit cards minus the airfare since they are still "reviewing" it.

The numbers I got from Celebrity doesn't match up to what I paid to the travel agent, they told me to take it up to my TA. So, I did...asked my TA about the $300 price differences and turned out that it's my agent's commission fee, which is not refundable. So, not only we aren't getting what we should get back from Celebrity, I am losing additional $300 to my travel agent. Can it suck more?

And Celebrity isn't refunding the full full cruiseship since we are forced to pay gratuities on the few nightmare days we spent on the ship! Don't get me wrong, I am happy to pay the staff for what they did or didn't do for us, but this should be Celebrity's problem for paying their staff.

We were travelling back to back Century cruises, the 10-13 and 10-25 sailngs. We have written twice to Guest Relations, with copies to Hanrahan and Fain, asking for full reimbursement. These letters have included copies of our bills and documentation regarding our sailings. We recently sent a third letter and documentation to Corp. Guest Relations, with a copy to Goldstein, RCI Ceo. To date we have received no response by letter, phone or email. Our confirmation letter from the ta clearly states; 26 day sailing, inc. air for two people, leaving 10-12 and returning Nov. 8th. By checking online, I have learned that we were reimbursed for the 10-13 sailing and our airfare, but we are still awaiting reimbursement for the 10-25 sailing. When we attempted to make arrangements onboard, via a phone call to Miami, there were limited options available on the Constellation sailing. We were told we had to pay full fare for that 7 day sailing (almost double what we paid for the 10-13 sailing) and in addition, we were on our own in Barcelona for hotel accomodation, meals and transportation to the Century for the 10-25 sailing. We were never offered any assistance in making arrangements, so reluctantly opted to come home. We were told by Crystal, the Miami rep we spoke with, that we would be fully refunded for both sailings. We expect, and have made written requests for reimbursement for our total trip costs. Are there any other b2bers who have been made whole? Are we expected to lose thousands of dollars because of their lack of passenger assistance or options? We never saw anyone aboard ship, in authority, to whom we could request answers. Now it seems, even repeated written requests, including letters to Presidents and CEO's, are ignored. Is it Celebrity policy for ship and company officers to ignore the public they serve? It has been over a month, and I am even more upset by their total lack of acknowledgement, or response to, my numerous requests reimbursement.

Crackerjack Cruisers, you are receiving the same treatment that everyone else who was on the Century is getting.

Celebrity appears to have adopted a policy of ignoring everyone's communications, saying nothing and refusing information on the belief that people will eventually get tired of asking and will simply forget about things and "go away".

A very sad and puzzling approach for what should be a service based industry.

Yes, I agree. I don't see any conspiracy.

I was on the Celebrity August 22 sailing. A few times at dinner we also experienced an intense vibration. We had the bridge tour the next day, and I asked a 2nd officer why there was a vibration at 8:30 last night. Without hesitiation, he told me that was when they throttled up and started the last engine. The vibration was from the propellers increasing speed with respect to the water flow which caused turbulance. Once the ship comes up to speed then the water flow equals the propeller speed, and the turbulance goes away.

It makes perfect sense to me.

Also when the ship is maneuvering in and out of port, they use thrusters which causes quite a vibration. They don't use the rudders when they are maneuvering very slowly.

sorry to disagree but on th 13/10 sailing it wasnt only vibration there were ctually loud metallic 'clunking' and grinding noises. I have been on old ships before which had vibration but not noises like this. The noises were not when manoeuvering but at late sitting dinner which was about 3 hours after leaving dock. It was so bad that even the waiters looked shocked.

Archived