SD1 Fall 2010 Transatlantic Crossing Website

ctbjr1309

Really folks, it wasn't so bad being in the middle of the Atlantic without the distraction of land communication. It's the catch up once we went back on line that was a pain!

Seriously, it has been a wonderful, relaxing, fun crossing with ideal weather. Those of us from the board met up almost immediately after boarding. Funny, we were at the same hotel but didn't manage to get together until we were checking in.

Can't say enough about the food, service, food, service, and whatever else makes a cruise great. The captain and staff made our anniversary celebration really special, starting with a renewal of vows in Funchal Bay and ending with a decorated suite and delicious cake by Garfield. Could not have been more wonderful.

We already signed up for next year, although it means two segments, Malaga/Tenerife/San Juan. I think we can manage to suffer through the longer trip.

Congrats on the vow renewal JoAnne B! DJ's DH and I renewed our vows on SD2 in March '09. It was a wonderful and memorable day/evening that we treasure! Garfield really is THE pastry chef extraordinaire!

If you get a chance please give my kindest regards to Chef Tomasz! He is a fantastic chef ... quite personable and talented:D

From the photos it looks like everyone is enjoying the crossing ... hopefully Mother Ocean and Mother Nature will continue to cooperate!

Can't wait for more live reports ... of course as time and technology permit!

Really folks, it wasn't so bad being in the middle of the Atlantic without the distraction of land communication. It's the catch up once we went back on line that was a pain!

So agree. . . if work didn't require I would not take laptop much less have internet connection in Cabin.

Congratulations on vow renewal and celebration. Isn't that on board discount wonderful? Best wishes for smooth seas, wonderful weather, and and a never empty glass of champagne for the rest of your voyage.

FT

Archived