SD1 Fall 2010 Transatlantic Crossing Website

ctbjr1309

Yes thanks for the link ! I've been looking for it :confused: When it goes back across in the spring I'll be on it !!:p

How wonderful Archipelago! I hope you will report while on board:D

...and bring back my boat!

We thought we'd torture ourselves with the five day starting 10/26 (well, getting off will be torture :p) and prime the boat for the Caribbean season.

The crossing makes it real!

Your SD addiction is almost as bad as mine fpebbles:p

DJ...

It was you I was thinking of when I noted "knowing" people on the boards. I saw you were in Disney and thought to myself, "Oh, I should tell her to say 'Hi,' to Heather," (she's one of the artists there and has done F&W and Flower and Garden posters).

And then I remembered. I don't ACTUALLY know DJ.

Your friend in virtual reality,

fpebbles

:D

DJ...

It was you I was thinking of when I noted "knowing" people on the boards. I saw you were in Disney and thought to myself, "Oh, I should tell her to say 'Hi,' to Heather," (she's one of the artists there and has done F&W and Flower and Garden posters).

And then I remembered. I don't ACTUALLY know DJ.

Your friend in virtual reality,

fpebbles

:D

I am quite honored and flattered to be one of the folks you "know" and your virtual friend fpebbles:D

DJ's DH and I spent the entire four days we were in Disney at the Food and Wine Festival ... go figure! Actually we spent Friday with one of my good friends and her DH who live in Florida and who I met through another Board I frequent (disboards). We have "known" each other for almost 10 years but we have only seen each other in real life three or four times:p

Then of course there is ctbjr ... That's a story best saved for telling in person:eek:

Now to keep us on topic and keep us from being accused of hijacking this thread ... :p

Looks like the SD1 crossers had an excellent first day at sea! I can't believe there weren't more people around the pool.

Thanks, CTBJR! I was waiting for this. I see Natalie, Maxi, Rose, Gary, Alex, Konrad, Brian, Pablo, Colin, Tomaz and Sean -- all of whom were on board in Sept. Looks funny to see Colin and others in warm jackets -- didn't need them when we were there! Looks like a good group -- can't wait til January!

Vandrefalk

But remember, that's not the group you'll see in January! Maybe they'll be there in May. We need to check out the SDII crossing to see the January 7 possible crew. I also can hardly wait. Just love SD in the Caribbean!

It could be that they are in a "dead zone" .. like a cell phone :confused::eek: :D

Colin posted this on facebook about 3 hours ago:

stuck in the atlantic with no internet or telephones for 3 days....hmmm not cool!

Looks like they have been out of touch .

stuck in the atlantic with no internet or telephones for 3 days....hmmm not cool!

Boy, I'll second that. That's the last thing I (and I'm sure others) need is to be without internet for 3 consecutive days. Let's hope we don't have that particular experience!

Colin posted this on facebook about 3 hours ago:

Looks like they have been out of touch .

Thanks for the update zqvol! I can't imagine what it must have been like not to have internet or phone for three days:eek:

Boy, I'll second that. That's the last thing I (and I'm sure others) need is to be without internet for 3 consecutive days. Let's hope we don't have that particular experience!

SSHHHH ... we can't tell DJ's DH this is even a possibility. I can only imagine ...:rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:

SSHHHH ... we can't tell DJ's DH this is even a possibility. I can only imagine ...:rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:

and please don't tell the bosses who are approving the Internet connection as a condition to leaving the country for 2 weeks during Q4 . . . otherwise, we'll be having to learn how to communicate via passing ships & flags in order to leave!

FT

and please don't tell the bosses who are approving the Internet connection as a condition to leaving the country for 2 weeks during Q4 . . . otherwise, we'll be having to learn how to communicate via passing ships & flags in order to leave!

FT

I hear you FT! At least DJ's DH knows Morse Code ... as for me, well in the day I was captain of the silks in marching band and indoor guard. Doesn't mean I know what the flags mean but I do know how to twirls said flags!

Yummy looking food! But the guestbook seems to have lost all its comments????

Vandrefalk

I agree that the food looks wonderful! I just loved when we had Chef Thomasz as our chef on SD1! He and Pastry Chef Garfield spoiled us for life!

I signed the guestbook ... guess I need to go back and check!

Thanks for the update zqvol! I can't imagine what it must have been like not to have internet or phone for three days:eek:

Uh, HELLO!!! DJ's DH can READ!!! Oh no ... My hands are starting to shake and my left eye is starting to twitch ... 3 days without ANY internet or phone???

FT

Good news - I just got my internet connection approved (we need to coordinate).... bad news.... NO INTERNET CONNECTION!!! HELLO! See above!!!

I hear you FT! At least DJ's DH knows Morse Code ... as for me, well in the day I was captain of the silks in marching band and indoor guard. Doesn't mean I know what the flags mean but I do know how to twirls said flags!...

DJ - We've been together 30 years (ALMOST...have to make it to Thursday :D). Morse code, flags (even if DJ tries to distract me with an old routine), it doesn't matter... I need to be "connected". (HELLO!!! See above!!!):eek:

Up and running now !!! Back and connected !! Everything looks good!! having lots of fun and good food !!! .. and good weather and smooth seas !!!:D it's heading this way for the winter !!

Glad to hear its going well - do you know the reason for the 3 day disconnect? Since you were in port for part of that - was it a problem with the ship's equipment? This has not happened for more than a few hrs (hitting a dead spot where satellite can't connect) on any of our past voyages and I'm a bit nervous about this happing on the upcoming SD II crossing.

FT

Oh sorry FT for the misunderstanding ..I'm not on the ship ..I was just commenting on the new posts on the blog and the guests having fun .. I see now where it was misleading :o I'm here at work where it is rainy and cool :( I will be on it this spring though !!:D Looking forward to all of your blogs on SD2 soon !!!:p

Really folks, it wasn't so bad being in the middle of the Atlantic without the distraction of land communication. It's the catch up once we went back on line that was a pain!

Seriously, it has been a wonderful, relaxing, fun crossing with ideal weather. Those of us from the board met up almost immediately after boarding. Funny, we were at the same hotel but didn't manage to get together until we were checking in.

Can't say enough about the food, service, food, service, and whatever else makes a cruise great. The captain and staff made our anniversary celebration really special, starting with a renewal of vows in Funchal Bay and ending with a decorated suite and delicious cake by Garfield. Could not have been more wonderful.

We already signed up for next year, although it means two segments, Malaga/Tenerife/San Juan. I think we can manage to suffer through the longer trip.

Archived