Offer from Oceania to change our cruise

VIRGINIA ARTIE

I have told our TA that we will take an upsell from our A1 cabin if the price is right. Since we are using FF points to get to and from Miami, we do not plan to take different dates unless Oceania covers our airline cancellation/change fees.

Don

Back in early Sept. we got an offer to change our Nov. 27th Amazon cruise to the spring sailing (same itinerary) instead but we free upgrade. Unfortunately we had too many plans set so were unable to change.

Sound like Oceania does a lot of overselling of cabins, maybe, and then has to shuffle?

We were moved from the Istanbul to Capetown cruise on Nov. 11, 2010 to the Capetown to Singapore cruise on Dec. 11. We got a cabin upgrade. Unfortunatelyafter we agreed O made a major change in the itinerary deleting 3 ports in Africa and subbing with 2 small islands we had already visited. It does seem they are overbooking a fair amount.

We just received an offer from Oceania to change our cruise itinerary from the Caribbean to Alaska. We refused. Didn't want to sail somewhere cold.

Has anyone else received an offer?

Ah, a shame. Alaska is not "cold", by any means, during times of cruise sailings. On the contrary, summer is downright gorgeous. We Alaskans chuckle and smile a bit when we hear of people assuming that Alaska is just too cold to visit. More of paradise for the rest of us!

Just received an offer to change our Sept 30 New England sailing to a later one on Oct 12 (reverse itinerary) - same category + $250 OBC.

Would do it for a cabing upgrade from verandah to PH :)

IMHO I do not think an OBC of $250 is enough to warrant a change. I would soften with a PH offer though. New England starts to cool off at this time of year and the leaves may be gone by this time (never know year to year). This year they were kind of dull. I can't believe they are offering so early, this trip is a year from now.

I can't believe they are offering so early, this trip is a year from now.

I was surprised to hear this also but looked & they a fully booked

SOLD OUT in all CAT & the other cruise still has many CAT open

Maybe they are trying to fill the return trip

Too bad it is during hurricane season or I might have booked the cruise :(

Not too many ships go in June or July when the weather is much nicer ..guess we will have to do a road trip;)

Lyn

We sailed on Oceania this past summer. Postings on our roll call indicated many passengers were contacted by Oceania about cancelling their cruise and rebooking on another for some financial incentive. I was contacted 3 times about this, including the week before we were to leave for the cruise. I heard from other Oceania veterans that this is standard operating procedure for Oceania: to overbook and then try to sort it out after final payments are made. Apparently, not as many passengers are backing out of arrangements as in the past.

Some of the financial incentives involved upgraded cabins on other cruises, and many involved significant financial incentives as well.

Many of us sailing on the Marina's Maiden Voyage on 1-22-11 are waiting for cabins and we all have "guarantees". It will be interesting to see how over booked they are for our sailing and how we will all make out. I don't think too many people on this sailing want to change to a different cruise.

Marion

We sailed on Oceania this past summer. Postings on our roll call indicated many passengers were contacted by Oceania about cancelling their cruise and rebooking on another for some financial incentive. I was contacted 3 times about this, including the week before we were to leave for the cruise. I heard from other Oceania veterans that this is standard operating procedure for Oceania: to overbook and then try to sort it out after final payments are made. Apparently, not as many passengers are backing out of arrangements as in the past.

Some of the financial incentives involved upgraded cabins on other cruises, and many involved significant financial incentives as well.

Were you all contacted after final payment? If so, how long after?

Just received an e-mail from my TA for an upgrade on our 12 Jan 2011 cruise on Regatta. Oceania is offering us a upgrade to a Penthouse from our A1 cabin for a cost of $750 USD per person. This seems a little steep to us. Has anyone else received a similar offer. I will post this on the roll call as well.

Don

Just received an e-mail from my TA for an upgrade on our 12 Jan 2011 cruise on Regatta. Oceania is offering us a upgrade to a Penthouse from our A1 cabin for a cost of $750 USD per person. This seems a little steep to us. Has anyone else received a similar offer. I will post this on the roll call as well.

Don

You do not have to accept the offer ..they are trying to clear the waitlist

Someone will like it & take the offer

For our upcoming Amazon cruise, Azamara last week offered us an upgrade C1 to A2 for $500 a piece and then this week from our C1 to a B for $400 a piece. They must really want our cabin:rolleyes:

I thought Azamara had numbers for the cabin Cat 05, 06 etc not A, B & C Cat :confused:

I know that I don't have to accept the offer, we have always been happy with our A1 cabins. I had my TA make a counter offer but Oceania has not accepted it. Oceania has told my TA that there PH1, PH2 and PH3 cabins still available. I will wait to see if Oceanis comes back with a better offer if they cannot get anyone to accept their current offers.

Don

Just received an offer to change our Sept 30 New England sailing to a later one on Oct 12 (reverse itinerary) - same category + $250 OBC.

We got that offer, too, and turned it down. I looked around to see why it was so heavily booked, and it appears that many university alumni groups have it booked...a variety of universities.

However, we might consider an upgrade from Concierge Class to PH ;)

$250 in the same category (don't know if they meant $250 per person or per cabin, do you?) is just not worth it. We want the chance of milder weather on September 30th and the NYC sailaway.

We got that offer, too, and turned it down. I looked around to see why it was so heavily booked, and it appears that many university alumni groups have it booked...a variety of universities.

However, we might consider an upgrade from Concierge Class to PH ;)

$250 in the same category (don't know if they meant $250 per person or per cabin, do you?) is just not worth it. We want the chance of milder weather on September 30th and the NYC sailaway.

I would really disappointed if the leaves were all down by the second cruise. I wouldn't switch from the earlier cruise for such a small amount.

I heard from other Oceania veterans that this is standard operating procedure for Oceania: to overbook and then try to sort it out after final payments are made.

Mmm...we have been thinking about an Oceania cruise next year. Normally we book pretty late, but we saw an itinerary on Oceania we liked. Hearing all these overbooking stories has made me rethink. We have our own business, and the decision when to go on holiday has to be taken very early in the year and cannot be changed. I would be distraught if we were to be involuntarily bumped. I understand real mass-market cruiselines overbook, but I never had expected that from lines that are supposed to be a step up.

Archived