Catagory 4J Advice

Aunty Kay

We are thinking of booking Cat 4J on the Valor. Has anyone sailed in this catagory? Any thoughts or advice? We were looking at cabin 1004 because our anniversary is 10/04 and this would be the honeymoon we never took. Please help? Decisions, decisions. :p

We are thinking of booking Cat 4J on the Valor. Has anyone sailed in this catagory? Any thoughts or advice? We were looking at cabin 1004 because our anniversary is 10/04 and this would be the honeymoon we never took. Please help? Decisions, decisions. :p

1004 is a handicap cabin, so you could get bumped. Unless you have a reason to need a HC cabin, I would pick another 4J. If you are booking further out, you probably need a doctors note to book this cabin.

Great cabin choice to me though, as they are nice sized with a little bit of very obstructed view.

Fire, thanks - we did not realize that. We would be bumped if someone who really needed it came to book. Over all what do you think of 4J???

Sometimes they dont bump you, but you might be taking it away from someone in a wheelchair who really needs the cabin who now cant go, so I still would not take it if I didnt need it. I know its your date.

4Js used to be 6Bs, but maybe some expected a better view. 6Bs were OVs, and now they changed to inside cabins. There is a wall in front of the cabins, blocking most of the view, but you will see some.

What I especially like is being able to go out on the almost private deck in front of your cabin and watching the sunset. Never see many other people out there. They either dont know you can go out there, or half those on those decks have their own balconys.

I loved mine.

I only was bothered once, when I leaned over to put something in my suitcase on the floor. We didnt have big waves though either.

... on the other hand I just got off the Conquest and loved the motion of the ship from the waves. Depends on how you react. If I know its a ship motion, and not noisy enough to wake me up, its fine. You probably should ask someone who tends more to get seasick .. there is more motion. Thats for sure. The least motion is lowest cabin in the middle of the ship .. so you are both higher and all the way foreward, so any tipping the ship does will be felt.

Archived