Warning about bringing wine on board

April2412

Why do so many people feel the need to blast someone for doing something that has no affect on them?

Why do you care if someone wears shorts in the dining room, or smuggles drinks on board, or takes cigarettes off the ship?

Are you that upset? Will it ruin your vacation?

A little more tolerance on these boards will go a long way. Everytime a newbie post something that 10,000+ post club disagrees with, they get blasted from the allmighty.

I enjoy reading about others experiences getting on and off the ship, and also what happens on the ship. I hope all the negative reactions don't prevent others from posting in the future.

Thanks OP for taking the time.

Wow, I feel alot better now!

Does anyone know if you can substitute a box of wine for 2 bottles of wine?

As long as the box isnt more than 1.5 liters, it will be fine.

Although it "could" get through, the Miami port agents "have a problem" with it... It's all decided by who you get. Story:

Mom and I each had two 1.5 liter bottles of wine in our carry ons. (yes, we "knew" they were too big,,, just hoping to get through. Mom's was for her & dad, mine were for DH & I.)

My bag gets flagged. Agent A says "Follow me". We end up next to Agent B who is casual and laughing. I make small talk. Agent A proceeds to pull out one bottle of wine to take it out. I say "I thought I could bring wine?" (YES, I still do know there's a size limit, trying anyway.). Agent B says to Agent A "Put it back fast, it's too big". Agent A continues to pull it out, and take out bottle #2 also. (While this is going on, Mom gets flagged too, but brought right to the hidden room. Before Agent A even gets my second bottle out, mom is done and proceeding through.) I ask Agent A if I could keep one bottle for the two of us? NO. That's not the rules. I say "But two smaller bottles make up this bottle?" NO.

I then get walked to the hidden room with my two bottles. Agent C signs them in, etc (I'm laughing inside, because right there is a huge bottle of Jack Daniels that someone tried to get on). She then tells me "These bottles will be on your ship. After it sales, go to security and ask if you can have one back because there are two of you. More times than not, you'll be able to get it".

I'm done and catch up with everyone. Mom's agent only walked her back there for show. He says "Two bottles of wine? Two adults? have fun".

On the ship, I go to guest services (not sure where "security" was). Try to explain, they have no idea, I don't push it (because, as I've stated, I know what I did was wrong...).

Fast forward to last night on ship:

Knock knock knock on door at 7:30 (right before dinner). There's my steward with my two bottles masking taped together. And a bucket of ice!!!!:p We managed to finish one that night (BTW: this was the cheapy fruity wine that is no more than wine coolers, I'm not talking strong heavy red wine or anything).

So, the rules are separate 750ml bottles, not a combined 1.5litre. BUT, it all depends on who you get...

P.S. Nobody took a second look at my 12 bottles of water in my carryon. 3 of which were $60 worth of Grey Goose...

Why do so many people feel the need to blast someone for doing something that has no affect on them?

Why do you care if someone wears shorts in the dining room, or smuggles drinks on board, or takes cigarettes off the ship?

Are you that upset? Will it ruin your vacation?

Perhaps you should re read my post. I am questioning why people have the need to post things like that.

And by the way, if you are one of the people that are doing these things, and holding up MY line waiting to get through, step aside.

Wow - doing a B2B in January - can I bring on 2 bottles of wine? Guess I'll give Carnival a call... maybe ask for something in writing

I would very much like to see it if you get them to put a policy in writing that you can bring on wine for both legs. ... its happened, but more luck than anything else imo. How would they know you arent getting off in between legs and bringing on your allowed wine again?

Maybe you are just joking?

I know we're allowed to bring 12 cans of soda/water...but are we able to bring mixers at all?

Say I bought a bottle of liquor from BV...I want to bring a bottle of Stirrings mix onboard to go with it. Can I count that toward my twelve?

Archived