captain club ???

sailnsee

we usually sail RCCL but have gone on 3 smaller X ships-anxious to try the Eclipse next mo.-going with sister/husband. we are elite and can use the free coktails at michaels-it ends at 6 so can they come in then before our late dinner?

We could not take our friends into Michael's Club because they're not Elite, only Select. They do check at the door. But they did join us once the "perk" ended.

Seems that this would be a very good opportunity for Celebrity to demonstrate some of the perks of cruising with them. If a Captains Club member could take a guest, it may encourage others to take celebrity in the future.

Opportunities lost as I see it.

Seems that this would be a very good opportunity for Celebrity to demonstrate some of the perks of cruising with them. If a Captains Club member could take a guest, it may encourage others to take celebrity in the future.

Opportunities lost as I see it.

If all the "Elites" were allowed to bring non-Elites with them, just to see what the perk was like, then it would no longer be a perk, and they might just as well make it available to everyone! A perk is a perk - something to look forward to once you gain that status. Let them tell the their guests to keep cruising Celebrity/RCCL, and they can be there too.....legally. :) Do airlines allow "Elite program members" to have non-participating members of their flying clubs sit in first/business class with them just so they can see what it's like? Probably not. We could go on and on here, ad nauseum. All of us were Classic or Select at one time and just kept sailing with Celebrity/RCCL to reach the Elite level.

If all the "Elites" were allowed to bring non-Elites with them, just to see what the perk was like, then it would no longer be a perk, and they might just as well make it available to everyone! A perk is a perk - something to look forward to once you gain that status. Let them tell the their guests to keep cruising Celebrity/RCCL, and they can be there too.....legally. :) Do airlines allow "Elite program members" to have non-participating members of their flying clubs sit in first/business class with them just so they can see what it's like? Probably not. We could go on and on here, ad nauseum. All of us were Classic or Select at one time and just kept sailing with Celebrity/RCCL to reach the Elite level.

Agree, the comparisions could go on and on. Remember also that from what I have read and personal experience, many of the elite cocktail hours have to be moved from Michaels Club to a bigger location due to numbers of elite cruisers. I would not expect them to do anything to increase those numbers...

what do they ask for at the door-do you get a keyed card likr RCCL-or do they check your seapass card-do they check you off of a list?

They check you seapass card, there would not be a keyed card because Celebrity does not have a dedicated concierge lounge as RCCL does...

Not to belabor this ad nauseum but, that makes no sense at all. Sounds rather "snobbish" to me. A guest pass or two does not dilute your "perk" or exalted status. Might even make you an ambassador for the cruise line. I do understand/sympathize with the space issue, so many "Elites" and no place to put them LOL.

My airline provides occasional guest passes for me to take a guest into the lounge, it is even considered a "perk".

Not to belabor this ad nauseum but, that makes no sense at all. Sounds rather "snobbish" to me. A guest pass or two does not dilute your "perk" or exalted status. Might even make you an ambassador for the cruise line. I do understand/sympathize with the space issue, so many "Elites" and no place to put them LOL.

My airline provides occasional guest passes for me to take a guest into the lounge, it is even considered a "perk".

I understand your point however I would like to point out the following that you may not be aware of. In the past several months Celebrity has offered some cruisers "Elite" for the cruise. Additionally, at times they have allowed suite passengers into the cocktail hour even though it is an elite event. Now, some are suggesting letting friends into the event. At one point does this end and the cocktail party stop being something special for those who have actually earned it...

Archived