How much weight do you gain?

gingera

I totally hear you lol...My wife and I went on a 12 day med cruise this summer for our honeymoon and at the wedding I weighed 183 after the honeymoon i weighed in at 198 ... 2 days before the cruise in Barcelona and 2 days after in Rome but that works out to almost 1 lb per day:eek:. Am also a fitness freak so i guess maybe we tend to gain quickly

I think that may have something to do with it for me too. I am usually pretty active at home, so being active on board is not unusual. In Sept I gained 7 pounds on the 7 day (+1 precruise day) to Alaska. BUT... it was gone in about a week too. In fact, since it has been over a month, and I am still losing, I weigh less now than I did before vacation.

With weight gains close to a pound a day, there almost has to be other factors, such as increased sodium intake, in play. You would have to eat 3500 EXTRA calories a day over and above what you normally eat, and after whatever metabolic and activity calories you expend.

I guess it's possible to eat enough to gain a pound a day of actual weight, but you'd have to be pretty dedicated!

I tend to gain about 5 pounds on a 7 day cruise. I drink alot more when cruising, eat more meat than I usually do at home and I seem to have to try everything. I don't typically work out on a cruise but will on my upcoming ones as I've been dedicated to working out 6 days a week without fail and don't want to break my streak. Plus, when working out consistently and at a pretty high intensity level it seems like I don't want to eat heavy foods. I guess on the plus side, those 5 pounds are usually gone within a week to a week and a half after returning home.

Archived