Dress code in dining room

califmamabear

I've worn jeans on non-formal and non-1st nights. They are jeans that go with my shirts. They are the same kind of clothings that I've worn in restaurants that require smart casual attire in big cities. So yes, jeans are allowed. However, I haven't push my luck with my jeans that I wear to mow the lawn.

As for formal nights, I noticed on the 2nd formal night, more people did not wear suits or tux. I have seen jeans in MDR on the 2nd formal night.

To me, how you dress is just a reflection of yourself. It tells me a little bit about you. We live in a society where people like to express themselves. So, personally, I don't really care how people dress in the MDR

HC is a buffet. It is not a dining room at least in the part of the country I am from. A dining room is where one is served. A buffet is where one serves themselves usually from hot tables.

The posters above are suggesting that the Horizon Court is a decent alternative for those who choose not to dress for the traditional and anytime dining rooms per the dress code. So if you want to wear jeans on formal night or jeans on smart casual, you can eat dinner in the Horizon Court, no problem. Sounds fine to me.

Just off the Crown today. We did not take formal night clothes and did not eat in the dining room on those nights, but I was down drinking coffee by the entrance to the Michaelangelo dining room, and there were people wearing "nice" (no tears or rips) jeans going in and eating. Could not tell if they were being challenged or not, but none came right back out, so I assume they were allowed in to eat.

I did ask a head waiter about it, and he said his only "requirement" for men was a long sleeved shirt. If you had on a long sleeved shirt and nice jeans he would have no problem letting you eat dinner in the MDR on formal night.

Mike

I did ask a head waiter about it, and he said his only "requirement" for men was a long sleeved shirt. If you had on a long sleeved shirt and nice jeans he would have no problem letting you eat dinner in the MDR on formal night.

Mike

That's pretty much been the standard practice on Princess for a while now although the wearing of jeans on a formal night is new twist.

The posters above are suggesting that the Horizon Court is a decent alternative for those who choose not to dress for the traditional and anytime dining rooms per the dress code. So if you want to wear jeans on formal night or jeans on smart casual' date=' you can eat dinner in the Horizon Court, no problem.[/color'] Sounds fine to me.

If you want to wear jeans on smart casual night then you're well within the recommendations made by Princess to eat anywhere on the ship, including the main dining rooms. There's no reason for a person to be banished to the buffet for wearing jeans on smart casual nights when it's perfectly acceptable to wear them.

I believe formal wear codes should be respected and enforced.

However, Smart casual is just that. Anyone who believes smart jeans, smart shirt and shoes are less than respectable on casual nights (anywhere in the ship) ....... well, they need to get out a bit more often.:)

I was on the Ruby earlier in the year and did traditional dining. I saw occasions of shorts and caps being worn in the MDR on non-formal nights. I saw them seated at their tables so I did not see them enter the room. It has become so competitive in the cruising industry that they are afraid of making cruisers mad so they essentially ignore their own requests. God bless the free enterprise system!

Archived