A Couple of questions

Emdee

Happy Hour for Discoverer level: Is this open bar - 2 for one etc? What types of liquor are available?

Does Azamara provide an Umbrella or should I carry one from home.

Am getting excited about my first trip on Quest later this week.

Many thanks

There is a golf size umbrella in every cabin for your use - not as a gift. I am unaware of any Discoverer beverage specials, but we will not be at that loyalty membership level until after our next trip in December. Hopefully, someone else can answer that part of your post. I am interested in the answer.

Here's the letter that awaits you in your stateroom on embarkation day, from the Le Club Voyage hostess, briefing you on the special events during your cruise:

Discoverer Letter.pdf

As I recall, the Happy Hour was 50% off any drinks available from the full bar, and I don't think we missed one Happy Hour (or any of the other Le Club Voyage events, for that matter) during the entirety of our 24-day back-to-back. :p

Discoverer Letter.pdf

Here's the letter that awaits you in your stateroom on embarkation day, from the Le Club Voyage hostess, briefing you on the special events during your cruise:

Discoverer Letter.pdf

As I recall, the Happy Hour was 50% off any drinks available from the full bar, and I don't think we missed one Happy Hour (or any of the other Le Club Voyage events, for that matter) during the entirety of our 24-day back-to-back. :p

That is very interesting....thanks for posting. I pulled out the Discoverer letter that we received on our sailing on 9-20 on Quest. It was identical except......the part about bridge, galley and engine room tours. That paragraph was not in our letter!

We were expecting those invitations since we had experienced that on Journey (and we were the level below Discoverer at the time), but those invitations never came on Quest. Best not to expect that if you are on Quest! Check your letter....

Interesting that there would be a difference in the two ships...:confused:

To participate in a bridge, galley, or engine room tour, just go to the front desk and ask. They are more than accommodating, whatever your "level".:)

Agree.

Btw, for the galley tour they wanted a minimum number of people (it was either 8 or 10), so I just gave them the cabin numbers for some people I met through CC and everyone was happy.

When we were on a 12 day sailing on the Journey in July we had an umbrella in the cabin. It was a golf size but we carried our own mini's that fit into my purse. I can't imagine trying to keep up with such a cumbersome umbrella. The thought was nice.

There will be several happy hour functions for Discover level passengers. My DH was pleased that premium selections, like Jameson, were offered. We enjoyed the camaraderie between fellow passengers and the officers.

We were invited to the galley, bridge, and engine room by our future cruise consultant/Discover rep. If you do not get a letter in your cabin just ask.

There was not enough time during our two sea days to do everything offered. It was the first cruise in eons that I was too busy to do trivia.

Enjoy every minute!

That is very interesting....thanks for posting. I pulled out the Discoverer letter that we received on our sailing on 9-20 on Quest. It was identical except......the part about bridge, galley and engine room tours. That paragraph was not in our letter!

We were expecting those invitations since we had experienced that on Journey (and we were the level below Discoverer at the time), but those invitations never came on Quest. Best not to expect that if you are on Quest! Check your letter....

Interesting that there would be a difference in the two ships...:confused:

We too did not have invitations! :confused: Our 4th with AZ . Whilst I know we could have asked for a 'visit' nothing beats having an invitation and a 'busy social life':) Presumably they did not want to 'court' us past passengers for future cruises................

:eek:We were given a personal invitation to the Bridge Tour on our recent cruise on Quest and we are just lowly first time passengers with Azamara. We didn't bother going as we were busy so I can't comment on it.

I still think people on here get a little "hung up" on their status levels and what they should get and how they should be treated. Lighten up people and just enjoy your lovely cruise and don't keep worrying about what you're entitled to.....look at the big picture! There are wars and starving people in the world and you're on a luxury cruise!

:eek:We were given a personal invitation to the Bridge Tour on our recent cruise on Quest and we are just lowly first time passengers with Azamara. We didn't bother going as we were busy so I can't comment on it.

I still think people on here get a little "hung up" on their status levels and what they should get and how they should be treated. Lighten up people and just enjoy your lovely cruise and don't keep worrying about what you're entitled to.....look at the big picture! There are wars and starving people in the world and you're on a luxury cruise!

Absolutely agree Queenie!!!

Actually I disagree with Cindi and Queenie. Red travel was just pointing out the difference between Celebrity and Azamara. It ages since I have been on Celebrity so it didnt apply to me.

While I am not hung up on status I do enjoy the little perks. Free internet, early embarkation, your choice of newpapers can be important perks. The whole reason I chose to go on this Azamara cruise is because I wanted to preserve my Discoverer status. If I enjoy the cruise - including the perks - I will go on Azamara again. If I dont then I will move on unless some Azamara itinerary grabs me in the future.

We never bother with the bridge/galley tours etc. After one they are much the same though a cocktail party on the bridge or in the galley can be fun.

I also like those large umbrellas - not always suitable for an full day outing but great when you want to walk around the port and do a little shopping.

We just got off the Quest and we had several events we were invited to. Some included complimentary cocktails and some were half price drinks. We also went to a coffee tasting event (wound up being coffee with liquor tasting). Didn't go to everything. We also got some free internet minutes and complimentary laundry services. I thought the perks were very nice.

I went on a galley tour, which I invited myself to. It was great -- don't miss this opportunity. I loved this ship!

We just got off the Quest and we had several events we were invited to. Some included complimentary cocktails and some were half price drinks. We also went to a coffee tasting event (wound up being coffee with liquor tasting). Didn't go to everything. We also got some free internet minutes and complimentary laundry services. I thought the perks were very nice.

I went on a galley tour, which I invited myself to. It was great -- don't miss this opportunity. I loved this ship!

Was it a "Coffee and Tea" tasting event? I thought there was suppose to a tasting for both and just wondering because we drink tea and not coffee.

Archived