marriott Biscayne Bay, Miami

richbum

Yes, if this the one next to the Doubletree, it's looks like a nice hotel. There is a little inside mall between the two hotels (?) that had a good Italian restaurant, steak place, and a little market where we picked up some champagne and snacks.

Then a quick cab ride to the port. And best of all, view of the port in the morning to see the ships come in!

The bar/dining room in the lobby of the Doubletree (next door to Marriott) is very good. Or walk about 2 blocks (Biscayne & 18th) to my favorite bistro in Miami: Bin 18. Great food, great service, and an extensive wine and imported beer list!:D

Have a good cruise!:)

If you don't mind me asking, what did you bid/pay for the Marriott. I see your cruise is in January, is it anywhere around the 9th? Thanks

I too, would be interested in the price you payed and when is the booking ?

I am cruising in Jan.also.

Thanks,

Frank

We are staying Jan 5th- Leaving on the Destiny on the 6th. I didn't choose my hotel, this is what they gave me after I bid on Priceline. I got it for $105.00 + taxes. The hotel is charging $240 for that night, so I think I got a good deal.

How far is the hotel from Bayside Market?:D

I won this hotel on Priceline back in April. I was pleastantly surprised our room a had a view of the port. Its nice, especially for the cheap Priceline rates.

Doubletree is attached...they have a bunch of restaurants. Also there is a deli/convenience store there too. Along with a barber shop & some other stuff.

The MetroMover is also across the street & you can take that...it's free! I believe it was the Adrienne Arsht station to give you an idea if you look at the map.

I would definitly stay there again if sailing out of Miami. :o

We would absolutely stay here again, and this was some years ago, pre-renovation. I've read they are better than ever now. The grounds and pool area were very nice, delicious food in the restaurant (expensive, what whatevs), and great view from an upper room. Plus, the entire complex is 100% smoke-free. Awesomeness. :)

We are doing Destiny Jan 9th. I have never done priceline' date=' but if we bid $95 do you think it will give us this place, I quess you don't know until after you pay? :confused:[/quote']

Are you sure you are going on the Destiny on Jan 9? We don't return until the 10th:rolleyes:...Anyway, I originally bid $85, it actally told me that if I bid $20 more tan it would accept it. Supposedly a 1 time deal or something. You can try the $95, I hope that you can get it. The worst that will happen is that they tell you t try again. Good luck, and please let us know if you get it.

Are you sure you are going on the Destiny on Jan 9? We don't return until the 10th:rolleyes:...Anyway, I originally bid $85, it actally told me that if I bid $20 more tan it would accept it. Supposedly a 1 time deal or something. You can try the $95, I hope that you can get it. The worst that will happen is that they tell you t try again. Good luck, and please let us know if you get it.

Yes your right, I had the 9th the day we fly in by mistake. Leave on the 10th. Enjoy and thanks.

RichBum,

My wife and I jsut stayed there in September pre-cruise. I am not sure what type of food you are looking for but in doing some research we found a nice sports bar/Irish Pub called Mike's at the Venetia. The Venetia is South of the hotel behind the church. The food was somewhat unbelievable for being a sports bar. My wife had the Mahi Mahi and when it came out it looked more gourmet than we had expected and she commented that it was the best fish she had ever had. I played it safe with a French Dip which was also very enjoyable!!! And the beer is cold!

As for your need for sodas, the other posters are right, there is a little shopping area between the Doubletree and Marriott with some restaurants, shops, a deli and a liquor store. It is a bit pricey but, I figured being in a major US city and in a tourist area, that that would be the norm.

The next morning we walked to The Daily for breakfast and just when I thought our dinner choice was great, this was just as good. FYI, the portions are quite large, I had an egg, chese, and bacon on a kaiser roll and only ate about half, while my wife had an eg-white sandwich that was ok, but very large! They have a website and you can use google to find directions. I believe it was about a half mile walk, which was quite refreshing, even though there are some sketchy parts (not crime ridden, just rubble and other garbage from other renovations in the area) and we, in no way, felt threatened. I would highly recommend this place as well!

As for the hotel, I won it on priceline for $55!!!! And I about passed out (over exaggeration) when we got in the room, this is every bit of a 3 1/2 star as I have ever seen. The room was very clean, new, bed was comfy and there is even a safe in the desk (which you wouldn't know was there unless you looked for it!) Yes, the room is small, there was a small balcony and a small, very clean and updated bathroom. The employees were very friendly and helpful and even though there was 'construction' going on, I did not hear or see anyone in the actual lobby or hotel doing anything. I would highly recommend this place for anyone looking for a pre-cruise stay.

At the point we looked the going rate was $159, and after staying there, I would have been more than happy to pay that for this place. We did not make it to the pool or use any of the other amenities, but they all seemed very nice from what little we did see. If you are in a pool side room, I will warn you that there will be music playing until the late hours (maybe 11-12pm, not sure cuz I passed out.)

When it came time to checkout, we did so on the TV, walked into the parking area where there were cab drivers waiting, we hopped in a mini van, were at the port in 7-10 minutes and on the boat 20-30 minutes later.

If you have never been through this port (my first time), it has to be one of the easiest to get on the boat. They have self-check in kiosks where you can add money to SS card then get in line for a couple minutes to pick up your card and away you go.

I do have pics of the hotel room and some of the surrounding area if anyone is interested. I just need to figure out how to post them. Though I do not have a ton of experience in Miami or the area around the hotel for that matter, I am more than willing to answer anyone's questions.

Best wishes cruising and I hope that your time at the MBB is as enjoyable as ours was!

http://www.mikesvenetia.com/about.asp

http://www.thedailycreativefoodco.com/

It seems that on all the "bidding" sites, the Marriott Biscayne Bay is going for between $100-$129 before taxes and fees. The JW Marriott was only slighter higher at $147.00, before taxes and fees. I have a few weeks before I'm going to bid on a hotel using PL, and hopefully the prices won't go up for the downtown 3.5-5 star hotels.

AJ- Thank you so much for your review, and the links for the restaraunts. Both look great. I would love to see pix from the hotel and surrounding area if you would be willing to post them.

You have all been so helpful, and I really appreciate it!

Thanks again!:D

Just booked this hotel on Price line. Did first at $85, asked for $20 more. took it at $105. + tax

Thanks for the insight. Looks great on webpage. Also will try Mike sports bar.

Cheers.

RichBum,

My wife and I jsut stayed there in September pre-cruise. I am not sure what type of food you are looking for but in doing some research we found a nice sports bar/Irish Pub called Mike's at the Venetia. The Venetia is South of the hotel behind the church. The food was somewhat unbelievable for being a sports bar. My wife had the Mahi Mahi and when it came out it looked more gourmet than we had expected and she commented that it was the best fish she had ever had. I played it safe with a French Dip which was also very enjoyable!!! And the beer is cold!

As for your need for sodas, the other posters are right, there is a little shopping area between the Doubletree and Marriott with some restaurants, shops, a deli and a liquor store. It is a bit pricey but, I figured being in a major US city and in a tourist area, that that would be the norm.

The next morning we walked to The Daily for breakfast and just when I thought our dinner choice was great, this was just as good. FYI, the portions are quite large, I had an egg, chese, and bacon on a kaiser roll and only ate about half, while my wife had an eg-white sandwich that was ok, but very large! They have a website and you can use google to find directions. I believe it was about a half mile walk, which was quite refreshing, even though there are some sketchy parts (not crime ridden, just rubble and other garbage from other renovations in the area) and we, in no way, felt threatened. I would highly recommend this place as well!

As for the hotel, I won it on priceline for $55!!!! And I about passed out (over exaggeration) when we got in the room, this is every bit of a 3 1/2 star as I have ever seen. The room was very clean, new, bed was comfy and there is even a safe in the desk (which you wouldn't know was there unless you looked for it!) Yes, the room is small, there was a small balcony and a small, very clean and updated bathroom. The employees were very friendly and helpful and even though there was 'construction' going on, I did not hear or see anyone in the actual lobby or hotel doing anything. I would highly recommend this place for anyone looking for a pre-cruise stay.

At the point we looked the going rate was $159, and after staying there, I would have been more than happy to pay that for this place. We did not make it to the pool or use any of the other amenities, but they all seemed very nice from what little we did see. If you are in a pool side room, I will warn you that there will be music playing until the late hours (maybe 11-12pm, not sure cuz I passed out.)

When it came time to checkout, we did so on the TV, walked into the parking area where there were cab drivers waiting, we hopped in a mini van, were at the port in 7-10 minutes and on the boat 20-30 minutes later.

If you have never been through this port (my first time), it has to be one of the easiest to get on the boat. They have self-check in kiosks where you can add money to SS card then get in line for a couple minutes to pick up your card and away you go.

I do have pics of the hotel room and some of the surrounding area if anyone is interested. I just need to figure out how to post them. Though I do not have a ton of experience in Miami or the area around the hotel for that matter, I am more than willing to answer anyone's questions.

Best wishes cruising and I hope that your time at the MBB is as enjoyable as ours was!

http://www.mikesvenetia.com/about.asp

http://www.thedailycreativefoodco.com/

Thank you (and everyone else) for all the info. We are staying there Nov 6 before our Pearl cruise. This is great stuff. We booked through PL and I got it for $93 after several tries. I will print this thread and take it with me!:)

Archived