Very Disappointed our Glory cruise..

texasnana

Will do a trip report but both my husband and i disappointed in Glory cruise 10/8/10. Our last Carnival cruise was in 2001 and then two RCCL. I have to admitt the shows were A+. There seemed to be less staff, food okay and then the noro virus with no notification of sickness. Long lines to get on and then in boston they said the tides shifted and long lines to get on . Then in St john the machine to put your sea card in did not work. Long lines and no one but myself having to tell security at the bottom of the long line. So they started to tell folks what was going on. I guess in my trip report i will tell more. I hope this is not a typical cruise for carnival as we have a family group in May.

I heard complaints from others about stewards, and many staff. Hardly saw our CD either..

Will do a trip report but both my husband and i disappointed in Glory cruise 10/8/10. Our last Carnival cruise was in 2001 and then two RCCL. I have to admitt the shows were A+. There seemed to be less staff, food okay and then the noro virus with no notification of sickness. Long lines to get on and then in boston they said the tides shifted and long lines to get on . Then in St john the machine to put your sea card in did not work. Long lines and no one but myself having to tell security at the bottom of the long line. So they started to tell folks what was going on. I guess in my trip report i will tell more. I hope this is not a typical cruise for carnival as we have a family group in May.

I heard complaints from others about stewards, and many staff. Hardly saw our CD either..

Okay for the record i am not saying the whole cruise was bad just parts. I do not want this thread to be turned in to me being called a troll , etc. I am just asking if this is a typical type of carnvial cruise. As i stated i have one planned in May and hope that it better. Like i stated the shows were great and we met some wonderful folks and stops where what we wanted and we did tours. So i am not saying the whole cruise was BAD.. Thanks i need to say that...LOL

Okay for the record i am not saying the whole cruise was bad just parts. I do not want this thread to be turned in to me being called a troll , etc. I am just asking if this is a typical type of carnvial cruise. As i stated i have one planned in May and hope that it better. Like i stated the shows were great and we met some wonderful folks and stops where what we wanted and we did tours. So i am not saying the whole cruise was BAD.. Thanks i need to say that...LOL

Carnival staff has for sure been cut back. The cabin stewards have to clean more cabins, the wait staff has to serve more tables... so they are all doubled up.

Carnival is ok, unless something goes wrong, then they have no one that can pick up the slack. Been there done that on one cruise myself. I was flamed and called named for saying so too at the time. CC Posters couldnt seem to understand its was SERVICE related from the comments I got back.

Looks llike you'll be on the Ecstasy next May. My DD and I cruised on her last February and had a FABULOUS time; service was excellent, food was excellent, folks we met onboard were excellent! I'm sorry the Glory was not what you'd hoped, but a cruise on the Ecstasy should cure you! :D

We've had to wait in long lines to board the ship. Heck, once the ship didn't come into port for 5 hours due to fog. We did not board the ship until after 5:00 p.m. We waited in a big room for hours before Carnival got buses together to take whoever wanted to go to a restaurant and eat. Carnival paid for the meal and gave everyone a $50 OBC. We had a great cruise, but it's the bad parts that we do remember. As far as the CD, I've never even talked to one, so it matters not to me--kinda like the Maitre'D guy. I hope waiting doesn't leave a sour taste in your mouth for cruising on Carnival. Stuff happens.

texas nana no matter what you'll probably get some of them. but so far (up until your 2nd post) i've only read sympathy that your cruise wasn't great. I'm glad that you still had some good times and like the other poster said, looking forward to your review.

remember, with around 3000 people someone isn't going to be happy. but how they handled it makes a difference too.. lol..

state your piece in your review, and if there are negatives, ignore them. but like you even said.. post the good.. and yes, post the bad.. it will give others something to be prepared for.

not every cruise, not every ship will be the same :)

Bummer you didn't enjoy your cruise 100% it happens. I am sure you will find that each ship is diff. just as each sailing has diff. things happen.

I would love to read your review on the ship and pics of the ship. I am going on Glory on Spring Break with the kids and just love to see pics! lol

Hope your next cruise rocks!

I love Carnival! But I will say on Victory back in 2008 there seemed to be lots of cut backs on staff but then the 4 after that were fine as far as staff. This will probably get deleted but since Cahill became CEO he is axing alot of people in all areas to save money

Carnival staff has for sure been cut back. The cabin stewards have to clean more cabins, the wait staff has to serve more tables... so they are all doubled up.

Carnival is ok, unless something goes wrong, then they have no one that can pick up the slack. Been there done that on one cruise myself. I was flamed and called named for saying so too at the time. CC Posters couldnt seem to understand its was SERVICE related from the comments I got back.

And do you have any facts to back this up? I'm not "flaming" you, but you continuously throw out factless tidbits. If it's just your opinion, you are certainly entitled. But we haven't noticed any decrease is staff, service, food quantity or quality for years now.

We just had a very nice cruise on the Pride 10-3 to 10-10. We had a delay in boarding due to the ship coming back late (weather-related) and Carnival gave everyone a $15 S&S credit. We didn't expect that, as Carnival has no control over the weather, but it was a nice perk.

The staff members we encountered were great: room steward, Eldin; dining room staff (your time dining); bartenders; karaoke host, Melvin.

The ship had quite a bit of vibration going into Canaveral, but we knew she is scheduled for drydock soon. Other than those few hours, she was pretty smooth.

Even the passengers were friendly. We saw none of the elevator rushing, line-jumping, etc., I've read reports about.

I have to admit, this was the nicest cruise I have experienced out of 7.

Hope you have a wonderful upcoming Carnival cruise.

(Not a cheerleader, just really enjoyed this cruise.)

Archived