Adventurous Drinker With Package Needed!

nbturfman

Ok Folks I need some help. My DW drinks Dirty bananas sometimes called Funky Monkeys. They are made of Kalua, Creme de Banan,Disorrono or Ameretto and Milk. We are looking at drink packages for our Feb. cruise on Equinox and are unsure which one would cover this - Premium or Classic. Since this is all she really drinks I would hate to pay for the premium package if Classic will do:eek:. I tried posting on a couple of roll calls for Equinox but couldnt get any takers. So we are wondering if there is any adventurous folks who have a drink package and are cruising soon who would try one to determine coverage:D They really are a pretty good drink. Can anyone help???;)

Ok Folks I need some help. My DW drinks Dirty bananas sometimes called Funky Monkeys. They are made of Kalua, Creme de Banan,Disorrono or Ameretto and Milk. We are looking at drink packages for our Feb. cruise on Equinox and are unsure which one would cover this - Premium or Classic. Since this is all she really drinks I would hate to pay for the premium package if Classic will do:eek:. I tried posting on a couple of roll calls for Equinox but couldnt get any takers. So we are wondering if there is any adventurous folks who have a drink package and are cruising soon who would try one to determine coverage:D They really are a pretty good drink. Can anyone help???;)

Why not wait until you are on board and check it out - you can buy the packages on the ship.

If this is all your wife drinks will she drink enough of them to justify the package costs? Sounds like an awful lot of Funky Monkeys!

:DOK....I admit it.....never heard of this drink. Now I can't wait to order one. They sound absolutely delicious. Are they served frozen or on the rocks? Yet another odd sounding drink I can't wait to order!:D

I was thinking the same thing - sounds yummy!

I guess the question is how much do they cost on the ship? if it's $8 then you're OK with classic if it's more then you need the premium. (Of course I'm assuming you'd know that ;) )

You're Canadian...if you booked the cruise in Canadian dollars...DO NOT PURCHASE THE PACKAGE BEFORE BOARDING! Celebrity will add their share to their exchange rate and their share is pretty substantial. Wait until you get onboard and then settle your bill in US $ or make sure they do.

They are served on the rocks and are really retty good. We are not sure if she will drink enough to come out ahead of the packaqe but we think that having one will make the trip more enjoyable. No worries about the bill at the end of the trip and you can just relax and have a drink if you want one without thinking about it. I am sure it will work out for me as its my goal to try every beer on the ship along with a few martinis and my standard spiced rum and cranberry. I will check with Celebrity on the exchange before buying with the dollar almost par:D and just before final payment to!!!! Heres hoping someone will try one and let us know which package:o

They are served on the rocks and are really retty good. We are not sure if she will drink enough to come out ahead of the packaqe but we think that having one will make the trip more enjoyable. No worries about the bill at the end of the trip and you can just relax and have a drink if you want one without thinking about it. I am sure it will work out for me as its my goal to try every beer on the ship along with a few martinis and my standard spiced rum and cranberry. I will check with Celebrity on the exchange before buying with the dollar almost par:D and just before final payment to!!!! Heres hoping someone will try one and let us know which package:o

When did you say you were going? We are leaving on the Summit next week and I have had Funky Monkeys on the rocks and frozen (in Mexico) they were fabulous. Anyway, we're getting the drink package and will find out and post a reply

I will check with Celebrity on the exchange before buying with the dollar almost par:D and just before final payment to!!!! Heres hoping someone will try one and let us know which package:o

Celebrity does not necessarily use current exchange rates. Also, they appear to set exchange rates for the cruise rates and pre-purchased items (drinks, excursions, tips, etc) separately with no rhyme or rhythm to it. On my sailing, the exchange rate for the cruise was about 3% but if I wanted select dining, the exchange rate on the pre-paid tips was around 25%. The same exorbitant exchange rate seemed to apply to everything I tried to pre-purchase including the drink package. Rather than get totally hosed, I paid in USD.

Now THAT sounds yummy!

Why not wait until you are on board and check it out - you can buy the packages on the ship.

If this is all your wife drinks will she drink enough of them to justify the package costs? Sounds like an awful lot of Funky Monkeys!

I agree. The packages are most economical for people who really enjoy their drinks. While we emjoy a variety, we have figured out that with all the days at a port, we wouldn't come near the break even point. Maybe 20 years ago?????;) So we prefer buying as we go.

Ok Folks I need some help. . So we are wondering if there is any adventurous folks who have a drink package and are cruising soon who would try one to determine coverage:D They really are a pretty good drink. Can anyone help???;)

Why not head over to the ROll Call board and present your question for help on one of the upcoming cruises. Send along your email to anyone who volunteers to check it out for you. ;)

Looking to cruise on Celebrity Eclipse on Nov 27th. My husband and I are interested in the premium drink package, but only to buy one package. When he gets his drink, can he order a drink for me, or is that considered "sharing". Has anyone shared a package before?

Looking to cruise on Celebrity Eclipse on Nov 27th. My husband and I are interested in the premium drink package, but only to buy one package. When he gets his drink, can he order a drink for me, or is that considered "sharing". Has anyone shared a package before?

There has been an extensive thread on this. The vast majority said that what you propose would be stealing, not sharing. I agree with that position. Get ready for a barrage of comments and welcome to the CC Board.

Sure, he can order a drink for you at the same time he gets his drink... he will then sign for it and it will promptly be billed to your account. One drink at a time per package. Now if you BOTH had the package, he could take your seapass card with and show both cards documented w/appropriate packages to get two drinks at once.

You're Canadian...if you booked the cruise in Canadian dollars...DO NOT PURCHASE THE PACKAGE BEFORE BOARDING! Celebrity will add their share to their exchange rate and their share is pretty substantial. Wait until you get onboard and then settle your bill in US $ or make sure they do.

When I go into my online reservation, it quotes the package price in CAD, so are you saying it would be cheaper for me to wait and pay in USD?

When I go into my online reservation, it quotes the package price in CAD, so are you saying it would be cheaper for me to wait and pay in USD?

I booked my Premium Package at $50.47CAD per night. I think the exchange rate is pretty good. If it drops in price, I will cancel and rebook it. 48cents on 49USD is pretty good.

It could be...depends on what Celebrity is adding as their exchange rate. In the past it's been ridiculous...like real rate is maybe 6%, Celebrity 15%, but as someone posted above, it looks to be pretty good right now. Price it in Canadian if you can and see what you get.

I booked my Premium Package at $50.47CAD per night. I think the exchange rate is pretty good. If it drops in price, I will cancel and rebook it. 48cents on 49USD is pretty good.

That would be $1.47 :) It's a very good exchange rate. Looks like they fixed hosing Canadians :D

• 1 month later...

Given the nature of the various liquors that are in a Funky Monkey, I would be shocked if it would be priced at only $8.00, which is the maximum value of a drink on the Classic Package. As some others have said, your DW would have to drink 3-4/day to make it worth while; and I suggest, also as others have said, that you check it out when you board the ship.

Don

We booked the premium for both of us. Originally we planned to do one premium, one classic, but the discomfort at the ethics and the temptation to have him order me a drink when he was getting a cheaper one got to us, so we just got two premium. The difference in waters was one factor. We really enjoyed the large bottle of Pellegrino at each meal.

We did it for ease, more than economics. It was much more relaxing to not have to consider, can we afford an after-dinner drink? should we have that last glass of wine? do I really want fresh oj or is the regular stuff OK? It is more than alcohol. It was sort of a way of paying for comfort. I could have a fun drink before dinner, while my husband had his classic bloody. He could have a good beer and so on. And we were always well hydrated on port days, since we picked up waters at every opportunity and stored them in our fridge.

Drink tipping: We usually added a tip to our cocktail, it made us feel more elegant. We tipped our sommelier since I think he would have lost out otherwise, and we tipped our assistant waiter - because he always had the Pellegrino ready and waiting for us and had the after-dinner espresso without our having to ask.

We are doing the premium drink package on our next trip with Celebrity. Our only expenses will be tips and maybe a massage. Easy.

Archived