WHEN is the airfare going down

Sass4

Yes, we are leaving STL on 3/12. We're flying out on United and then back the 20th on American. I had enough frequent flyer miles in both programs for two one ways each. So thankfully, not spending anything on air!

What airline are going on, American? Where are you staying precruise? We're at Radisson.

We are flying the same dates but on US Airways - we get into SJ at 2:15 which I liked. Never have flown them before so hope everything goes OK.

We are staying at the Verdanza Hotel in Isle Verde near the airport. It was a "mystery hotel" on Book It for $110. I knew what hotel it was going to be and it has good reviews. Isle Verde seems like a popular area to stay - we have never been there before so we are happy.

• 1 month later...

We got lucky and looked yesterday for first time and got Chicago-SJU non stop for $282 p/p on American (with taxes etc - $326 p/p)....we thought this was about as good as it will get. Could have gotten it for $20 less per person if I hadn't waited to book to check prices on other sites.....20 minutes later and the return flight became unavailable on AA site...went to priceline and found it for $20 more and jumped on it! Taught me a lesson...if it sounds like a good price, grab it!

Wow, you guys have it pretty easy. I would love it if a flight only cost $300/pp. I'm spending about $1200 per person round trip from Ontario! We live too far north to be able to drive to the states and fly from there. Consider yourselves lucky :)

Wow, you guys have it pretty easy. I would love it if a flight only cost $300/pp. I'm spending about $1200 per person round trip from Ontario! We live too far north to be able to drive to the states and fly from there. Consider yourselves lucky :)

Ouch!

I got my airfare super early and it was around $430. It later went up and stayed around $560 I think. Well, I checked my same flights (which begin next week) last week to see what last-minute pricing would be, just for fun, and it is over $900.

Hi all,

We booked our flight in September with AirTran (as soon as their prices for March were released) and we paid $475 per person - OUCH. With a layover in Atlanta. Since September they have changed our return flight three times so far (just some time changes). Delta was outrageous when I was looking back then - like $700 or more per person. The only unfortunate thing is we are flying in the same day as the cruise but with the price of flights and then the price of a hotel in San Juan it was just not in budget. I even looked at booking different flights/airlines - such as doing a RT to Orlando and the a RT from Orlando to San Juan but this was not any cheaper (thought it might be if I could catch a cheap deal to FL - sometimes they have them).

We decided since it is so pricey for the flight to San Juan then we would make it really worth the trip and take a two week cruise - looking forward to that.

Last year in March we went on a Southern Caribbean cruise out of San Juan and got our flight for $250 per person - I guess those days are over.

Good luck to all still looking.

cruzbound

I feel your pain!

I am considering a spring break cruise out of SJU from MCO, but the TIMES are terrible! there are flights at 2am or 3am which won't work.. One of the earliest flights back depart at 7:35PM.... What is there to do in SJU with your luggage for the day?

We just booked a flight from Dulles (IAD) to SJU for $350 pp... before then we have seen flights for no cheaper than $500 pp:eek: for the times that work with our schedule. We booked Continental but it is a United flight... the same flights on the United site were $545 pp. Just keep looking!!

I looked for months! Finally got best deal booking one way flight there then another one way flight back. That was the only way I could get the flight out at the right time. I paid about 360 each but we have to drive to Atlanta, which is about 6 hours for us! With a family of five it saved about 800. We are closest to Lexington, KY but the rates from there were terrible!

I looked for months! Finally got best deal booking one way flight there then another one way flight back. That was the only way I could get the flight out at the right time. I paid about 360 each but we have to drive to Atlanta, which is about 6 hours for us! With a family of five it saved about 800. We are closest to Lexington, KY but the rates from there were terrible!

Hey,don't feel bad,I couldn't find anything for less than 800 a piece from NC,so we are driving to ft. lauerdale and getting both of us for 350 total.Of course ,we are driving 800 miles to save 1200 bucks,sometimes you got to do what you got to do,happy sailing:)

175??? You must have had some point or something! I just looked and they are almost 400 right now.

NOPE no points or anything. Spirit Airlines, After their stoopid fees and stuff It ended up being $240 each total but still not bad huh? Of course we are going in September. ;)

Watermusic: There are several sites that offer park/sleep/cruise packages and will shuttle you to your hotel pre & post-cruise as well as let you park free up to 2 weeks. Some of them include breakfast as well.

The rates for JFK seem to be $215 for the package and Boston around $165. Check buyreservations.com and parksleepfly.com. We are doing this when we fly out of Atlanta in May and will pay just over $100 for a hotel with good reviews. Couldn't park the car at the airport for that price!

Cindy

So you got the $129 each way special? Lucky! We booked nonstop from Atlanta $159 there and $129 back. Then the day after the nonstop fare had went back down to $129. Was I so bummed! I think Airtran fluctuates the prices daily.

Just found $258 from ATL. (for April 9, 2011).

I just booked with AirTran for our May cruise. Paid $129 to SJU and $159 back to Atlanta. With fees and taxes it was just over $300 p/p. On top of that, it is extra to reserve a seat, but I did go ahead and pay so we could sit together with other family members. Then we'll have the luggage fees, so all things considered, I figure $350 each. At least it's a direct flight!

Cindy

Archived