WHEN is the airfare going down

Sass4

We just booked air from Salt Lake City for April 10 on the AOS and paid $668. and right after we booked the price is now $790.

Glad we booked when we did!:)

lovinlife58...come join our roll call for this date. We have a great group there and we plan to have a blast.:)

After calling our TA yesterday to see if the Priceline fare was reasonable, she advised me to book it immediately! I did and I just checked Priceline again and the same flight is now $87 plus tax higher than yesterday! I thought yesterday's price was bad, but glad I went ahead and got it - whew!

Need something,no earlier than noon,thats when the flights prices rise,can find one b4 earlier,EZ. No problem,will pay whatever to get us there and back,also still think they are crazy on their hotel prices too:o

Just booked a cruise on out San Juan for March about 3 weeks ago. Have been checking airfare about twice a day and prices were running around $500-$600 rt. I know March is high season but I kept checking and early Sat morning found a $287 RT fare on US Air(343 with taxes and fees) . The flight times were decent so I grabbed that up right away and as soon as I did I checked back and the price went up $200 per person.

I saw that drop from STL too! Glad someone took advantage of it.

I can say the ONLY reason we're finally doing a cruise out of San Juan is that I was able to get our (2) airfare with frequent flyer miles - one way on UA and return on AA.

Last week or so, some airlines posted record breaking 3rd quarter profits. So I'd guess they are not going to change a thing with their pricing model. It will continue to be high with just momentary dips or selling seats at last minute fare sales.

From IL to SJ we paid $489 for RT per person...crazy! This cruise has been booked for a year so as soon as the schedules were released I started tracking rates and they have never been lower than this...I highly doubt we will sail out of SJ again just due to the high airfare!

Have to agree with ya there,if it wasn't for the islands I hadn't been to in awhile,I would not sail out of san juan,the prices of the flights and of the hotels are insane.I don't care much about getting off the ship when I sail there,just soon the ship not even stop there.All that aside,enjoy your cruise:)

I still havent booked yet and now expanded my search to Chicago and that's still almost $500.

Hoping to catch a break, I'll give it a few more weeks before I take the plunge.

Schmoopie17 looking forward to meeting you and talking the Packers! They won today...what a stressful game to watch AGAIN!

I still havent booked yet and now expanded my search to Chicago and that's still almost $500.

Hoping to catch a break, I'll give it a few more weeks before I take the plunge.

Schmoopie17 looking forward to meeting you and talking the Packers! They won today...what a stressful game to watch AGAIN!

I wouldn't count on the airfare going down anytime soon. The flights we booked a few months ago from Chicago for $412 round-trip (both non-stop) are now $638.

Oh by the way...GO PACK!!!! (And on another note, in less than four months we'll all have to "go pack" for our cruise...:D)

Yikes...I can see I should maybe rethink doing a Serenade or Adventure cruise then with the price of airfare. We are thinking of changing our cruise next december to one of these still in december as the prices of the cruise are great. I have to agree just searching for hotel prices...wow...unreal. Good luck to everyone with airfare. I thought the price we just paid for airfare out of Phillie to Fort Lauderdale to go on the Allure was terrible.

Hey, crisndeefromde, could you please put all your cruise tickers in your signature on separate lines (or no more than two per line)? All of them on one line is stretching out the page on my laptop's screen, making your post hard to read 'cause I have to keep scrolling back and forth to read it.

Thanks! :)

Everyone, I feel your pain also:(

We are cruisng "to" San Juan on the Liberty in April (Spring break).

Airfare on SW from Rhode Island to Ft. Lauderdale is $1900.00 for three:mad::eek:

This was the lowest I found.

I just can't get over these prices.

Good Luck to all.

Not sure if this will help anyone. American Airlines New York (JFK) to San Juan for next October are down $130 from where they were two days ago. I just snagged a r/t inc. taxes for $280. I don't expect it to go much lower than that, so I booked - even though it's nearly a year out!

Alma

We got a round trip from Baltimore to SJ in April for $283 pp. It's on Airtran which we have never used but with the price and being non-stop, I figured it was worth it. I doubt if it will go much lower if at all so we grabbed it.

We booked (in July) the Airtran nonstop both ways.....BWI to San Juan, and San Juan to BWI for January, for $274.00 About two months later we received notice that our nonstop back was changed to include a 30 minute stop in Atlanta, before continuing to BWI :(

Same thing happened to us a few years ago when we booked a nonstop to St. Thomas...it too was changed to include stops in Atlanta :(

If anyone looking, just checked and St. Louis to SJU, 3/12 - 3/21 is 331rt, total. If I didn't already have FF tickets I'd be jumping on it!

Great price! About $10 less pp than we paid so I don't feel too bad.

Sharon - I see that you are sailing the same week we are (different ships though) are you flying down on the 12th also?

Great price! About $10 less pp than we paid so I don't feel too bad.

Sharon - I see that you are sailing the same week we are (different ships though) are you flying down on the 12th also?

Yes, we are leaving STL on 3/12. We're flying out on United and then back the 20th on American. I had enough frequent flyer miles in both programs for two one ways each. So thankfully, not spending anything on air!

What airline are going on, American? Where are you staying precruise? We're at Radisson.

Archived