Scales onboard to weigh luggage?

jobu

Will be sailing on the Summit 10/24/10. Driving to pier, but flying back from San Juan. Does anyone know if the cabin stewards have scales available to weigh luggage. I plan on making purchases :):) and know that I might have to move things around from one piece of luggage to another to stay within weight limits. DH will flip if we get hit with a penalty.

Will be sailing on the Summit 10/24/10. Driving to pier, but flying back from San Juan. Does anyone know if the cabin stewards have scales available to weigh luggage. I plan on making purchases :):) and know that I might have to move things around from one piece of luggage to another to stay within weight limits. DH will flip if we get hit with a penalty.

We bought the PB Digital luggage scale last year, and it works great, especially if you have a wife that likes to travel with the kitchen sink. :D It converts from pounds to kilos. I just stick it in my backpack with my laptop.

http://www.amazon.com/Travel-Digital-Luggage-Scale-Green/dp/B00160JQGM

We bought the PB Digital luggage scale last year, and it works great, especially if you have a wife that likes to travel with the kitchen sink. :D It converts from pounds to kilos. I just stick it in my backpack with my laptop.

http://www.amazon.com/Travel-Digital-Luggage-Scale-Green/dp/B00160JQGM

Can I borrow yours next year? :D

We bought an small suitcase at one of the ports doing the cruise for 25 bucks. Charge for extra bag on the airline - 25 bucks. Total - 50 bucks. Airline charge for overweight would have been 90 bucks. So we saved 40 bucks!

We bought an small suitcase at one of the ports doing the cruise for 25 bucks. Charge for extra bag on the airline - 25 bucks. Total - 50 bucks. Airline charge for overweight would have been 90 bucks. So we saved 40 bucks!

Great job. :D But not something you'd want to do every trip.:(

And I've used them several times. :) Did I feel a teeny bit foolish rolling my suitcase in the door the first time? Yup.

But several of the gym staff told me it happens all the time.

So I've been doing it ever since -- and it saves the expense, space taken, and effort of getting the "travel scale."

Can you please convert this for me to use under the shower ?

That'll just give you the VOLUME of your suitcase, and unfortunately, the airlines won't just let me use the dimensions of my suitcase as their criteria. :)

OK I have to" Throw the Baby out with the Bath Water"

Throwing the baby out with the bath water is an expression that suggests one doesn’t need to reject an entire idea, concept or practice if only part of it is good

from

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-does-throwing-the-baby-out-with-the-bath-water-mean.htm

My daughter got me a luggage scale from Marshall's for under $10. Very light, compact and a great thing to have while travelling (especially overseas where you buy and buy and buy and don't have any control over yourself!:D)

When I was in a hurry looking for one, I got a fish weighing scale at WalMart for around $7. It only goes to 50 pounds but that is what I needed. I took it with us on our last cruise and had a lot of newbestfriends waiting for their shuttle to the Rome airport. A lot were opening suitcases and shifting things around, too.

Tucker in Texas

We also ALWAYS bring a folding duffle style bag with us whenever we travel, it is very lightweight but still heavyduty and fits in the bottom of a suitcase. Like a pp said, the overweight amount is $90 but an extra bag is only $25 so for those times when you bought so much that you physically can't fit your purchases into your suitcase we have an extra bag.

We have a small portable luggage scale -- I think we picked it up in a Samsonite outlet, several years ago. It also has a small retractable tape measure in it -- which can come in handy. When our friends and family are packing up on the last day of the cruise, we become very popular! :p

Archived