Looking for tour to do Stingrays, snorkel and beach

Larkynsmommy

This will be DH and my first trip to Grand Cayman, I would like to find a tour (probably not through the cruise line) where we can do swim with Stingrays, snorkel and then have beach time for R & R. Anyone found a company that offers all three? I found one but they said you only have an hour and a half on the beach....not long enough really. Any suggestions? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

That's probably Rays, Reef and Rumpoint. We have this excursion booked thru Nativeway. I'm also aware of the beach time at Rum Point. My husband wants to jetski. After lunch, he'll jetski while I relax on the beach.

It's $62.50, which includes lunch.

For us, we are beach people, so we have Nachi booked for Cozumel. Tabyanna beach for Roatan. Bannister Island was a bust for Belize. Not quite sure about Goff's Caye. Most likely will stay on the ship. Still deciding on that one. And Caymans will be our last beach day.

Unfortunately, being on an island with limited time you can't get to everything. Have a good time regardless.

Will post my review when we get back. ;)

I've done Rays, Reef and Rum Point with Nativeways several times.

It's really a good deal because it includes lunch on the beach. I've seen people buy lunch on their own at Rum Point. Hamburger, fries and drink....over $30 :eek:.

We also used Moby Dick when we were in GC this spring and had a wonderful time. We would have gone to the beach after (they offered to drop us off on 7 Mile), but our ship left at three & we felt a little tight on time, so we got a margarita @ margaritaville. The group was small, the staff was personable & the experience was amazing. We're thinking about going with them again later this month.

It's really a good deal because it includes lunch on the beach. I've seen people buy lunch on their own at Rum Point. Hamburger, fries and drink....over $30 :eek:.

Can never get a tour with them for Rays, Reef and Rum Point, always sold out. Do you any other tours that goes to Rum Point. Done the rays and reefs but never been to Rumpoint, it looks awesome.

KenMo, do you recommend anything off the menu for lunch?

How much beach time did you get? Also, on your excursions was the beach crowded? Heard Rum Point is not as crowded as 7 Mile.

Thanks in advance

I always get the Fish 'n Chips. Before you get to Rum Point, you order from the menu and it's waiting for you when you get to the beach. I don't remember everything on the menu, but there's about 8-10 items.

I think we stayed at the beach 1 1/2 - 2 hours.

Since Carnival started doing excursions there, it's a little more crowded than it used to be, but not bad at all.

Can never get a tour with them for Rays, Reef and Rum Point, always sold out. Do you any other tours that goes to Rum Point. Done the rays and reefs but never been to Rumpoint, it looks awesome.

Your ship may have an excursion to Rum Point. But I don't know of any other independent tours that do it.

It's possible to rent a car and drive there, which would take longer than going by water.

There's also a ferry that will take you there. I've never used it but it leaves from the Hyatt Regency Canal.

Here's the schedule:

Monday through Thursday

10:00 am, Noon, 4:00 pm

Friday through Sunday

10:00 am, Noon, 6:00 pm

Return from Rum Point

Monday through Thursday

11:00 am, 3:00 pm, and 6:30 pm

Friday through Sunday

11:00 am, 3:30 pm, 9:15 pm

HTH

There's also a ferry that will take you there. I've never used it but it leaves from the Hyatt Regency Canal.

Did the ferry start running again recently? It hasn't been running for quite a few years...

Do they pick you up at dockside?

No. You have to walk maybe 2-3 blocks to their van. They drive you to their boat.

At the end, they will drop you off near the tender area.

Is there someone at the dock to direct you to their van?

Where did they snorkel? I don't swim but want to do the stingray and beach.

Is there someone at the dock to direct you to their van?

Where did they snorkel? I don't swim but want to do the stingray and beach.

Yes, there will be someone with a Nativeway sign.

Snorkeling is at the coral reef. You can just stay on the boat while the others snorkel...no problem.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm also interested in the Nativeway 'Rays, Reef and Rum Point' tour but it's sold out when I will be in Grand Cayman (Feb 28). I saw someone post earlier they like the Moby Dick tour... is this the next best one, or are there other alternatives we should look at?

Thanks, -John

Archived