Voyager on her way to Athens (Piraeus)

DaveFr

Thank you, Dave! Had heard this earlier this evening on the "other board", but didn't want to report without a definite confirmation. I am so happy to hear this for the people on the October 27 cruise and following ones. Must be a great relief for them!

I looked this morning at the port of Marseilles and the berth next to the celebrity ship was empty! Tried to find Voyager but couldn't.

Very good news for all on the 27th cruise AND those of my friends on the TA 8th Nov.

Smooth sailing to all of you! Will be thinking of you Tom and Barbara, and of course Colonel Wes (and I hope, Ida!!)

I guess you guys know how to actually use the Live Ships site better than I. All I get when I click on the latest link is a picture of Voyager. Can anybody post a link with her latest position on a map? Or tell me how to do this? I've tried and got nada.

But seeing the destination as Piraeus warms my heart. This is great news!

Voyager has left Marseille and is on her way to Athens (Piraeus) according to MarineTraffic.com. See: http://marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?MMSI=311513000. She is estimated to arrive on October 26th at 3 am. Great news! :)

Dave

My wife and I are scheduled to board the Voyager in Piraeus on 27 Oct. and have been tracking her on this website since it left Piraeus days ago.

I clicked on the link given in your message, Dave, and it's showing the ship still stationary in the dry dock. I've also looked on another ship tracking site and that also shows her to be still in Marseilles.

Is anybody else getting the same result?

Regards

David:confused:

David -

I just went onto the Marine tracking site and I, too, saw the Voyager in the drydock (again).

First thing this morning (0830CET) I went onto the site and she was gone... now she seems to be back where she was. Did she go out for a sea trial?? And I don't know where the info came from that she would arrive Athens on 26 Oct. Was this the same site? If so, I can't find it.

I do hope the site is wrong and she really IS underway!!

I clicked on the link given in your message, Dave, and it's showing the ship still stationary in the dry dock. I've also looked on another ship tracking site and that also shows her to be still in Marseilles.

Is anybody else getting the same result?

When I click on the list given above in this thread, I see a photo of Voyager. But if you look at the details on the left hand side, it says that the next destination is Piraeus, and the ETA is 2010-10-26 03:00.

I guess you guys know how to actually use the Live Ships site better than I. All I get when I click on the latest link is a picture of Voyager. Can anybody post a link with her latest position on a map? Or tell me how to do this? I've tried and got nada.

But seeing the destination as Piraeus warms my heart. This is great

news!

Hi Wendy

This is the link to show the Voyager's current position. If you just the page with the photo, on the left you will see Latitude/Longitude. Click on the red writing that follows and will bring you to the right page.

Regards

David

David -

I just went onto the Marine tracking site and I, too, saw the Voyager in the drydock (again).

First thing this morning (0830CET) I went onto the site and she was gone... now she seems to be back where she was. Did she go out for a sea trial?? And I don't know where the info came from that she would arrive Athens on 26 Oct. Was this the same site? If so, I can't find it.

I do hope the site is wrong and she really IS underway!!

Hi Wendy

This is the link to show the Voyager's current position. If you just the page with the photo, on the left you will see Latitude/Longitude. Click on the red writing that follows and will bring you to the right page.

Regards

David

Wendy

Oops! I should have read my reply before sending, sorry, here is the link

http://marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?oldmmsi=311513000&zoom=10&olddate=10/23/2010%2012:00:09%20AM

David

David & Hambagahle,

I think what is happening is that you are looking at Voyager's last known position which was recorded just after midnight (UTC) today. That was about 16 hours ago. If you go to marinetraffic.com and click on Live Map/World Map and then zoom in on Marseille, you'll see that Voyager is no longer shown on the map.

Voyager has apparently turned off her AIS transponder which is why we cannot see her current position. Of course she still may be in Marseille with her transponder off but I doubt it. I think she is underway to Piraeus.

Dave

Dave is correct. When the Voyager left Athens, there was no signal until she reached Cannes. The website indicated her last port and communication time. We may not hear from the Voyager again until she arrives in Athens (or, if she stops somewhere for fuel or supplies).

In fact, her course was shown all the way from Piraeus with her destination marked as Monaco where she was supposed to dock to disembark some dancers. However, the weather prevented her from getting in that small harbour and she went to Cannes instead where, presumably, she dropped off the dance troupe.

This is like the Marie Celeste!

David (very puzzled)

I said this somewhere above, or maybe on another thread, time warp. She just disappears and then reappears again somewhere, sometime, someplace! LOL:D:rolleyes:;) Bet Voyager just shows up in Athens in a couple of days and the Oct 27 cruise goes off without a hitch.

BonVoyage all those on that cruise.

Raise a toast to those of us who did not get ours, we are happy for you.

Obviously, after intentionally resisting all attempts to communicate with the Cruise Critic members about Voyager, management has discovered the way some were tracking her, and is blocking that method, also -- perhaps under the orders of the evil empire, Apollo.

(Tongue planted firmly in cheek)

It seems odd that the Voyager is taking 4 days to return to Athens. Perhaps she is going in circles as she was when she left Cannes. Hordorner, please use your super powers to help us locate the Voyager. If we remains invisible much longer, the conspircy theorists will start spinning stories:)

Well they probably don't want to spend time docked there any longer than normal, since there are fees, right? Makes sense that they would just take their time, or perhaps try out the engines at different speeds? Dunno. We only have to wait until Wednesday, at least, to see the result of all of this.

Or they could be planning on provisioning somewhere else--but where that would be is a mystery to me.

Archived