Women I need to shop in Tampa

InDreams2

We just booked 14 ntes out of Tampa on Hal for the 28 Nov 10. Wasn't planned. Now I need to shop in Tampa before I board because there is nothing left where I live that isn't winter. Can you direct me to great clothing. Also perhaps a hotel.

There is Brandon Town Center right off of I75. Tampa International Mall very near the Airport and Westshore Mall on Kennedy (down the street from Tampa International Mall). All three are not too far from the pier/downtown Tampa. I'm sorry I can't help with hotel, I live in Sarasota which is about 45 minutes south of Tampa.

We just booked 14 ntes out of Tampa on Hal for the 28 Nov 10. Wasn't planned. Now I need to shop in Tampa before I board because there is nothing left where I live that isn't winter. Can you direct me to great clothing. Also perhaps a hotel.

Don't know what your price range is for a hotel but there is the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza which is a beautiful upscale hotel that is adjacent to the International Plaza Mall. The mall offers many nice stores and shops along with plenty of restaurants. www.shopinternationalplaza.com Also, if you enjoy wine, there is a lovely wine bar in the mall called, The Grape. They sell wine by the glass or the bottle along with wine tastings.

If you google- hotels near international plaza tampa- it will bring up a few others but the Renaissance is one of the nicest and just a walk across the parking lot.

I too would like to shop in Tampa pre cruise.

We're planning to try price line for the first time. What area might I enter in the hope of landing a hotel near one of the shopping areas/malls mentioned above. Or do most hotels have a shuttle to that International mall?

We'll be arriving mid day the day before cruising and have never been to Tampa.

Thanks in advance experts.

Ruth

The melted remains of my wife's credit card would indicate that International Mall is a nice place for a woman to shop. :rolleyes:

haha - Love that answer :D I forgot to mention that Hyatt Place is only a few blocks away from International Mall - The hotel shuttle is needed as the street to get there is very busy. Hyatt Place will also take people to other shopping. Hampton Inn (I think that was correct) which is very close to the Hyatt Place does the same thing. Jan

Embassy Suites (Westshore) is literally directly across the street from Westshore Mall. Westshore has Pennys, Sears, Saks, Macys & many other shops. It is a much more affordable mall than the International Plaza, which is quite upscale.

Near Embassy Suites is a Sheraton Suites, & Doubletree. I believe they all offer shuttles, but double check.

If you stay at the Embassy Suites be sure to have dinner at the Italian Restaurant at the left end of the mall. Their food is fabulous.

There is an Embassy Suites on Westhore. Also, the Hyatt Place is not too far north of Westshore Mall (about 5 Minutes Drive). At Westshore there is a PF Chang. At International Mall there is the Cheesecake Factory. If you want to spend money there is a Ruth's Chris. Here is the link for Westshore Plaza. http://www.westshoreplaza.com/ At the corner of Westshore and Kennedy is a Walgreens. Total Wine is on Dale Mabry about 5 - 10 minutes from Westshore Mall. A Krispy Kreme donut shop is about five minutes from the corner of Westhore and Kennedy on Kennedy.

Thanks rtfnl and Heavy Surf for the specific leads.

We'll be flying in the day before our cruise, expecting to arrive at 2:30 on the Saturday, barring northern blizzard delays, so that would give me plenty of budget breaking time to shop on Saturday.

As a Canadian who hasn't shopped in the US in decades the more modest Westshore centre sounds perfect. As I said, it's really just to pick up some cute or stylish outfits for our five wondergranddaughters. The wondergrandsons usually aren't impressed with fashion.

And I'm inclined to book the Embassy Suites as we're not going to rent a car for such a short stay and instead will rely on cabs.

THANKS one and all,

Ruth

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Love to cruz, I just want to thank you for the Embassy Suites advice. It proved to be perfect for our modest needs -- good airport pick up and as you noted across from the Westshore Mall.

It's a basic Mall but I was able to find some cute outfits for granddaughters.

Your expert advice was appreciated.

Ruth -- back freezing in the Great White North though I do believe that you Americans should equally claim to be the great white east, west and central!

I lived in Tampa for 4 years.

I definitely recommend Dillards at International Plaza. It is a more upscale Dillards than at other locations around the country, and they have the most awesome 75% off racks.

I now live in Iowa, but I go to this store in Tampa about once a year to stock up on my summer weight clothing that's good quality at good prices.

The melted remains of my wife's credit card would indicate that International Mall is a nice place for a woman to shop. :rolleyes:

TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!! I won't be showing my husband this post before our trip there at the end of November..........giggle........

Leah

Archived