Check in time 1:00pm? Emerald Princess

Bazel

Just printed out our boarding pass and other paperwork for our upcoming cruise and the it clearly says check-in starts at 1:00pm. While this may be the official time, what time can we realistically check in and hopefully board? :)

Debating whether we'll do "something" in FLL in the morning (we arrive day prior) or just head over to the port so that we can try to board early. It's been a while since we've sailed Princess and I guess I am feeling out of the loop of their current practices.

Also, I am a little worried about the bed's - sound like they have not updated their bedding like like other Carnival CORP lines (CCL, HAL) have. Sounds like we can ask for a topper if need be. Any other tips we should know?

Thanks,

Bz

Also, I am a little worried about the bed's - sound like they have not updated their bedding like like other Carnival CORP lines (CCL, HAL) have. Sounds like we can ask for a topper if need be. Any other tips we should know?

Even when they "update" the beds, many passengers consider them to be hard.

Not sure how much "updating" the Emerald would need. The ship has been in service since 2007. Yes, you can have your cabin steward put a topper on it. We sailed on one of the Emerald's first voyages, and had no complaints about the bed/topper.

Boarding is usually around 12noon. Although, one time we got on 11:30......

My hubby and I have always liked the beds on Princess...we like firm beds that border on hard.

I don't like to use the toppers...not sure what they are made of, but if they are sponge they are a magnet for bedbugs and bacteria...and, I don't know how they are cleaned.

If you want to be the first on board and the first in the buffet then start lining up around 11 am. If you hate standing in a line then get there around 1 pm and have lunch by the pool. All good in my book.

Archived