Re: Flamenco Dancers - SHOW

Sweetcheeks29

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a Flameco Show in Barcelona???:)

We've been to a couple of them...

The one the ship's shorex took us to during an "overnight" there a few years back was horrendous...

However, last visit, we went to this one:

http://www.tablaodecarmen.com/ubicacion.php?lang=en

Pretty good, as these things go...with a nice dinner...

And, El Poble, where it is located, is pretty cool as well...get there a little early and walk around and browse the shops...

We've been to a couple of them...

The one the ship's shorex took us to during an "overnight" there a few years back was horrendous...

However, last visit, we went to this one:

http://www.tablaodecarmen.com/ubicacion.php?lang=en

Pretty good, as these things go...with a nice dinner...

And, El Poble, where it is located, is pretty cool as well...get there a little early and walk around and browse the shops...

I second that recommendation! A group from our roll call went there and enjoyed it very much. Bruin Steve's suggestion to get there early to walk around & browse is also good!

It is true that flamenco is NOT typical of Barcelona and its surrounding state of Catalunya. With that said, I have been told the Tablao Carmen, the one recommended above, is pretty good for what you can find here. The friend that went has seen flamenco in other parts of Spain . The only other comment she made was that she would NOT eat dinner there but she's a real "foodie".

The show is also near where the Magic Fountain show is on weekends in winter so that would be a good time to do both I think.

• 2 months later...
It is true that flamenco is NOT typical of Barcelona and its surrounding state of Catalunya. With that said, I have been told the Tablao Carmen, the one recommended above, is pretty good for what you can find here. The friend that went has seen flamenco in other parts of Spain . The only other comment she made was that she would NOT eat dinner there but she's a real "foodie".

The show is also near where the Magic Fountain show is on weekends in winter so that would be a good time to do both I think.

We have been to the Tablao Carmen and found it quite good - probably as good as you are going to find in Barcelona. enjoy:D

Flamenco is my hobby and my passion - I've been doing it for the last 10 years. It's true that Barcelona is not a cradle of Flamenco but there are a huge number of Andalucians resident there and a lively flamenco scene. (If you ever get to the the April feria, which is like a small cousin to the Seville feria, you will see what I mean) As a tourist show Tablao Carmen is quite good. Lets be honest, most non-initiates can't differentiate anyway. You get good quality dance with T.Carmen and the musicians are up to the mark.

Flamenco is my hobby and my passion - I've been doing it for the last 10 years. It's true that Barcelona is not a cradle of Flamenco but there are a huge number of Andalucians resident there and a lively flamenco scene. (If you ever get to the the April feria, which is like a small cousin to the Seville feria, you will see what I mean) As a tourist show Tablao Carmen is quite good. Lets be honest, most non-initiates can't differentiate anyway. You get good quality dance with T.Carmen and the musicians are up to the mark.

To add to this, reservations are a very good idea. You can reserve and pay on line. They do offer a dinner with this. The food was very, very good (surprising as a lot of flamenco show dinners are not that great IMO). A wonderful selection and we and our traveling companions enjoyed both.:)

Archived