Phoenix Rising on the Emerald

itslin561

Does anyone know what kind of music Phoenix Rising plays? We are interested in dancing in the Wheelhouse and enjoy swing, cha-cha, rhumba and the like. Leaving on Friday and are hoping that we can dance the nights away !

They were on the Crown Princess when we were on last November. Unfortunately, didn't discover them until the last night. They were fabulous. However, their music is more current and older pop and light rock as opposed to things you could do the above dances to. But, that could have just been the night I was there. They played Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Temptations, Elton John, etc. Go check them out. Their lead singer is very friendly. Ask him if they will be playing music during the cruise that could accomodate the style of dance you like. If not, you still might enjoy them. I wished I would have discovered them earlier and am really happy to hear from another thread that they are going to be on my Sapphire cruise in April.

Does anyone know what kind of music Phoenix Rising plays? We are interested in dancing in the Wheelhouse and enjoy swing, cha-cha, rhumba and the like. Leaving on Friday and are hoping that we can dance the nights away !

We sailed on the Emerald in August. We enjoyed Phoenix Rising several nights in the Wheelhouse. They played swing, cha-cha, rumba, tango, etc. They were very accommodating and were happy to take requests. Enjoy your cruise.

They are my favorite band while cruising. But, alas, I will miss them by a month for my next cruise. They are also very hard to "stump" so I am sure they can incorporate your type of music during the sets.:)

I think my favorite too! I also really like a band called Odyssea that plays on the Sapphire pretty regularly.

Archived