Suite Question on Liberty

We are a family of four (DD-15 and DS-12 plus DH and myself) and will be travelling on LOS. We have only stayed in balcony rooms on RCCL and have booked an Owners Suite this time. We usually have two balcony rooms so we thought the one larger room would be ok for the four of us. The question is would a GS be ok for us or should we keep our OS #1340? Any info would be very helpful!

We are a family of four (DD-15 and DS-12 plus DH and myself) and will be travelling on LOS. We have only stayed in balcony rooms on RCCL and have booked an Owners Suite this time. We usually have two balcony rooms so we thought the one larger room would be ok for the four of us. The question is would a GS be ok for us or should we keep our OS #1340? Any info would be very helpful!

#1340 is a great hump room. We had it twice on the Freedom and you will appreciate the room for four people. The balcony is large also. Large enough for entertaining..

The OS will give you a lot more room, and the bathroom may be better for a family of 4. Both the OS and GS have 2 sinks, but the GS has a shower/tub combo while the OS has a shower stall and separate tub. So if anybody in your family prefers to take a bath while somebody else showers, two of you could be cleaning up at the same time.

The OS also has a huge flat screen TV and a full dining room tableSo if you want to order up a meal from room service, you could all sit around the table. The GS has a smaller TV and no dining room table, just the coffee table.

Unless you're on a quest for extra cruise credits, I'd consider going back to two balcony cabins, or see if one of the TS (formerly the Royal Family Suite) comes available as you get closer to your cruise. The price is usually comparable to an OS, and you get a separate bedroom and a second bathroom.:)

Thanks for the info. We aren't really looking for extra cruise credits. We just have never tried a suite on RCL and thought it might be nice this time. We always get suites on Carnival and like the extra "roominess". My DH likes having lots of space and really enjoys the balcony so the bigger the balcony the better. Are the suite perks worth the extra cost?

I believe suite perks are the same for an OS as a GS, so that shouldn't be a factor. Personally, I'd keep the OS. You must have felt it was worth it when you booked. We get a GS for just us two and I would feel cramped with 4 in a GS. Good point about the OS having both a shower and a tub.

We had 3 in a GS on the FOS and we had plenty of room. Liked the closet space and LOVED the bathroom. It is true that once you have a suite it is hard to go back to balcony. We have the OOS booked for next year and I don't know if I will be able to stand the bathroom in a balcony :eek: I am terribly claustrophobic.

I believe suite perks are the same for an OS as a GS, so that shouldn't be a factor. Personally, I'd keep the OS. You must have felt it was worth it when you booked. We get a GS for just us two and I would feel cramped with 4 in a GS. Good point about the OS having both a shower and a tub.

I did feel it was worth it but its about $1000 more than the GS so I started second guessing myself. I really want to keep the OS and am leaning that way but $1000 could go a long way toward other fun stuff too! But, we don't want to feel cramped and it sounds like 4 in a GS could be that way.

Such decisions!

I don't think you can beat #1340! We just left that suite on Sunday & loved it! There were only 2 of us but it's definitely large enough for 4. The GS's are "grand" indeed, but there's nothing like an OS (esp 1340), most definitely if there are more than 2 people. Just my 2 cents! If you do keep 1340 I know you'll love it! You'll have a wonderful time, no matter which you choose!

Carol

I don't think you can beat #1340! We just left that suite on Sunday & loved it! There were only 2 of us but it's definitely large enough for 4. The GS's are "grand" indeed, but there's nothing like an OS (esp 1340), most definitely if there are more than 2 people. Just my 2 cents! If you do keep 1340 I know you'll love it! You'll have a wonderful time, no matter which you choose!

Carol

That makes me feel better. How's the balcony? And, yes, DD and DS are willing to share the sofabed. Actually, I'm not really asking their opinion, but I know they will be ok with it. DS is still not old enough to care

;)

#1340 is a great hump room. We had it twice on the Freedom and you will appreciate the room for four people. The balcony is large also. Large enough for entertaining..

How does the sofa bed in the OS compare to the one in the GS? We had our 2 DS with us on FOS Nov2009 and had the GS. They said the sofa bed was a queen equivalent but I didn't see it. We are sailing LOS next march and also have a GS booked. But, the the sofa bed in the OS bigger as our 2 DS's are also bigger than last year - they will be 16 & 14 next March

Thanks for the info. We aren't really looking for extra cruise credits. We just have never tried a suite on RCL and thought it might be nice this time. We always get suites on Carnival and like the extra "roominess". My DH likes having lots of space and really enjoys the balcony so the bigger the balcony the better. Are the suite perks worth the extra cost?

I don't think so other than as a splurge for a special occasion, but as a Diamond Plus I get many of the perks anyway, so my opinion isn't worth much;). In a suite you get priority embarkation/disembarkation, access to the Concierge Lounge (the kids won't be able to go in during the cocktail hour), reserved seating at the ice show, theater & pool, upgraded toiletries, full menus for room service and a few other things that I can't remember offhand. Mostly it's all about the extra space.

How does the sofa bed in the OS compare to the one in the GS? We had our 2 DS with us on FOS Nov2009 and had the GS. They said the sofa bed was a queen equivalent but I didn't see it. We are sailing LOS next march and also have a GS booked. But, the the sofa bed in the OS bigger as our 2 DS's are also bigger than last year - they will be 16 & 14 next March

I haven't been on Liberty, but on Mariner the OS has a sectional sofa while the GS has a standard one. So concievably one person could sleep on the folded out bed and the other could sleep on the sofa itself, although I don't imagine it would be very comfortable. I think the fold out portion is the same size in either, though.

Cabin 1340 on a Freedom class ship is one of the best on the ship, IMHO! It's the center of the hump and give you many more square feet, and you won't feel cramped.

Others, like Jean, have mentioned all of the perks that go with a suite, and unless you cruise this way all of the time.......to spend an extra $1,000.00, if you can afford it.........is quite the way to go!!:);)

Rick

I think I'll keep my OS this time. Everyone seems to agree that #1340 is a great room so, since I already have it reserved I might as well go with it! As far as the sofabed, I was thinking maybe the two kids could sleep on opposing sides of the sectional if it wasn't too uncomfortable, or they can share the pull out bed. I think they will be happy either way. And the extra space is always a plus! Yea! I'm excited!:D

Archived