1st Cruise on NCL...Questions About Pictures

gram2trips

In March we r taking daughter her husband & kids on week cruise. I want to get family pictures done plus generation with me, daughter, kids. I need ideas of clothes for us all to wear. Not planning on taking anything formal since we don't have to dress for dinner. I would like to take our Steelers jerseys but daughter thinks it too much to pack all 7 of them. Any ideas or thoughts are appreciated. TIA

We dressed up for our family picture but of course there is no need to. Why not see if you can buy everyone the same souvenier t-shirt in the gift shop or at one of the ports? The photogs are out at their stations taking pictures every evening so you'll have time. In the end though what is important is who is in the picture, not what they're wearing (and you can order multiple prints of the same shot and probably different sizes, too, just ask them at the photo department).

My sister and her family took great pictures with all of them wearing various white outfits. It looks harmonious and quite attractive. Any color would work I would think.

I agree - I have seen several pictures recently of friends' families on Facebook, etc. who have done white polos or button-downs with khaki pants or shorts. Very nice!

It's pretty easy to make your own matching tee shirts-- all you need are the tee shirts, iron-on transfer paper (from any craft store), and a program that will let you print your design in a mirror image, so that when you iron it on, it's facing the right way. I make us tee shirts before every cruise to wear in our Welcome Aboard photos-- as the design, I put some text ("Our [ship's name] Cruise," for example), under which I put a picture of the ship, under which I put the cruise dates. I always get compliments on them aboard, and they're sure cheaper to make than to buy in the gift shop!

It's pretty easy to make your own matching tee shirts-- all you need are the tee shirts, iron-on transfer paper (from any craft store), and a program that will let you print your design in a mirror image, so that when you iron it on, it's facing the right way. I make us tee shirts before every cruise to wear in our Welcome Aboard photos-- as the design, I put some text ("Our [ship's name] Cruise," for example), under which I put a picture of the ship, under which I put the cruise dates. I always get compliments on them aboard, and they're sure cheaper to make than to buy in the gift shop!

This sounds like fun. Could you post a pic of one of these? Might get my creative side working (not the most artistic so it needs all the help it can get) and give me an idea where to start. :o

For the guys you could try to get tux t shirts. They are kinda cool. You can just type tux t shirts in google to see them.

I have even seen them on cruises when you had to dress up fancy and they had no problem getting into the restaurants.

Thanks for replies. Keep them coming!! I like the idea of white except I have seen the white background & i don't know how that would look!

During "Dress Up or Not" night, there will be several backgrounds to choose from. It doesn't have to be white. I like the all-white idea. I also like the jersey idea, too. If I could get a jersey on DH, we'd definitely do that one!

Archived