christmas cruise

averageblokes

Average Blokes,

I really don't know how I saw your Blog but I understand what you are looking for. My wife and I did our first cruise out of Austrailia last January.... Nice weather! I think you are on to a great idea but remember cruising out of North American in December or January will place you in specificy locations. The Carribbean sailing out of Flordia or Texas would be an ideal place for the winter. If you are on the "West Coast" then I would look at sailing out of Southern California for the Mexician Riviera (San Diego or Los Angleas). If you have the time I would look at sailing to Hawaii. Sometimes there are 13 to 14 day cruises to Hawaii and back that are reasonably priced. The only other sailings are ones out of New York or Philidephia that go down to the Bahama's. You would go from cold weather down to some warm places in the matter of only a few days. Alaska is really nice but those cruises don't start up until late April. I hope this information helps. Tim

My partner and I , plus his sister and HER partner are going on the new largest ship in the world, RCCL's Allure of The Seas departing Ft.Lauderdale Sunday Dec 19, returning to Florida Sunday Dec 26

The ship has a zip line, surf pools, largest gym at sea, a park, and a plethera of other activities.

With 5400 passengers there would have to be a good number of gay folk not including the crew ?:D

Average Blokes,

I really don't know how I saw your Blog but I understand what you are looking for. My wife and I did our first cruise out of Austrailia last January.... Nice weather! I think you are on to a great idea but remember cruising out of North American in December or January will place you in specificy locations. The Carribbean sailing out of Flordia or Texas would be an ideal place for the winter. If you are on the "West Coast" then I would look at sailing out of Southern California for the Mexician Riviera (San Diego or Los Angleas). If you have the time I would look at sailing to Hawaii. Sometimes there are 13 to 14 day cruises to Hawaii and back that are reasonably priced. The only other sailings are ones out of New York or Philidephia that go down to the Bahama's. You would go from cold weather down to some warm places in the matter of only a few days. Alaska is really nice but those cruises don't start up until late April. I hope this information helps. Tim

They have a great cruise on Cunard's QM2. It's a bit pricey & more formal than some may want. We like the dress up for dinner, but I understand some don't & that's their option.

For an unusual but unforgettable option, instead of heading into the warm weather of the Caribbean, you could take the opportunity to sail from Tierra del Fuego and visit Antarctica. We did that trip in January with Silversea on the Prince Albert II and LOVED it! I notice that Silversea has a sailing on Dec 19. It's 17 days (which might be a little long for you), but is sure to be spectacular that time of year. Abercrombie & Kent also does a similar trip on Le Boreal, sailing on Dec 17. Le Boreal is a larger ship than the Prince Albert II, but both are small and carry zodiacs, which means you get to land on the continent and walk among the penguins. It's an unforgettable trip that we plan to do again within 5 years.

Archived