Sailing right now... you think they'll take her to the naughty room?

My mom just boarded the Radiance around 1100am. She gave 3 pieces of luggage to the porter; all at once.

She just called me on my cell to tell me they delieved 2 of her luggage only. She said the one they haven't delieved yet is the one where my stepfather put a bottle of alcohol:rolleyes:.

I TOLD HIM NOT TO DO IT!!! But he wouldn't listen. You think they'll call them to the naughty room?

I heard you have to be a Diamond member for an invite to the naughty room. I think it's on Deck 13.

The RCI FAQ's are scarily strict on this, so hopefully they just confiscate the bottle until the end of the week.

If Mary09 is asking about being judgemental, is she not being judgemental?

And when was it wrong to adhere to the rules? If you adhere, then how can someone accuse you of being judgemental? Unless of course, they are attempting to place themselves above the great unwashed in life because they are superior.

This ban on alcohol is just silly, I understand they want you to by your alcohol on board so they can profit off of you, but how about as a "perk" for Platinum and Diamond members or just Diamond if they want, you can buy two bottles of wine, or one bottle of hard liquor from the ships store and have it delivered to your stateroom as soon as the store opens. Then they are getting the profit, the Crown and Anchor Members get another "perk" in this world of cutbacks.

Just a suggestion, but what do I know....

And when was it wrong to adhere to the rules? If you adhere, then how can someone accuse you of being judgemental? Unless of course, they are attempting to place themselves above the great unwashed in life because they are superior.

Being judgemental only applies to people diasaproving when others break the rules, not the other way around. Everyone knows that! Geez.

You are asking for pure speculation on our part based on just about nothing.

1. Bags checked together with a porter often get separated. You posted this at 2:39 P.M. Most baggage is delivered after this time.

2. Perhaps it was detected and they will have to go claim the bag.

3. If it was detected, it may or may not be returned to them at the end of the cruise.

4. It could have been dropped in the water and is floating away in the harbor.

Lots of possibilities. :rolleyes:

Great responses! We have had cruises when none of our bags had arrived by 5 or 6, cruises where one bag had not arrived by 9, etc. etc. Generally we go to the crew only elevator bank where the bags are initially left when they are brought up and that's where they are. On our last cruise friends arrived at 6 p.m. dinner noting that all bags but one had arrived so they went down the the deck where confiscated bags were and they spotted it. The plan was to go back after dinner and deal with the matter but it was not there. Where did they find it? In the cabin. Before dinner it had just not been brought up from the lower deck. :rolleyes:

While they were down there, they did observe an area with a very large number of confiscated items, mostly booze and irons.

my mom just boarded the radiance around 1100am. She gave 3 pieces of luggage to the porter; all at once.

she just called me on my cell to tell me they delieved 2 of her luggage only. She said the one they haven't delieved yet is the one where my stepfather put a bottle of alcohol:rolleyes:.

i told him not to do it!!! But he wouldn't listen. You think they'll call them to the naughty room?

walk the plan or keelhaul him. Can he swim? How long can he hold his breath?

This ban on alcohol is just silly, I understand they want you to by your alcohol on board so they can profit off of you, but how about as a "perk" for Platinum and Diamond members or just Diamond if they want, you can buy two bottles of wine, or one bottle of hard liquor from the ships store and have it delivered to your stateroom as soon as the store opens. Then they are getting the profit, the Crown and Anchor Members get another "perk" in this world of cutbacks.

Just a suggestion, but what do I know....

Everyone can already get this "perk" - and it's not limited to two bottles!

CptSticky, anyone can pre-order wine from Gifts and Gear and have it waiting in their cabin. It's liquor that is unavailable.

You are right. I was thinking of the post being replied to that mentioned a bottle of hard liquor. I would love to have a bottle of tequilla in my room. Even in the DL or the CL, they don't serve tequlla. But they will serve drinks that cost them a lot more:confused:

The luggage tag could have come off too. This has happened to us before.

One of our son's bags as well lost his luggage tag as well. Finally located by with several others next to the customer service desk.

What is a naughty room? :eek:

When they suspect that you have things in your luggage that you shouldn't, you have to go to a room to retrieve your luggage. They want you there when it is opened so that you can't accuse them of taking things. If it's alcohol, they hold it till the end of the cruise unless it's in an opened container, then they poor it out.

But, if you want people to adhere to the rules, you don't have to insult them and call them stupid. That's what Mary09 was commenting on.

I think there will be few problems with the booze. Not to worry, but not to get it back right away, like everyone says.

It's been well over 24 hours.........and no answer by the OP.......NO PLAY, NO FOUL........but it's time we end this thread.

The OP had advice from the ship......in the beginning.

Now this thread is a lark.....joke.....or whatever you want to call it.

It started off......to know if some one was caught having liquor by the bottle or whatever in their suitcase.......knowingly.

Either let us know what happened........or let's get a moderator to close this thread.

Thanks.

Rick

It's been well over 24 hours.........and no answer by the OP.......NO PLAY, NO FOUL........but it's time we end this thread.

The OP had advice from the ship......in the beginning.

Now this thread is a lark.....joke.....or whatever you want to call it.

It started off......to know if some one was caught having liquor by the bottle or whatever in their suitcase.......knowingly.

Either let us know what happened........or let's get a moderator to close this thread.

Thanks.

Rick

Oh, come on Rick, don't be a kill joy. We are all dying to know what happened........or not.:) Hey, I don't sail for 3 days, gotta do something.

I wanna know what happened in the naughty room..............................

You can find out for yourself. On your next cruise, put some booze in your luggage. Either you will find out what happens in the naughty room, or you will have more fun anyways:D

My guess is the OP hasn't heard from her mother again, yet. Mom called the OP on her cell phone and by the time the bag showed up OR she had to visit the naughty room, they were out to sea and possibly no cell service. We may hear from the OP once Mom calls her again in port. My goodness, be patient people, hahaha!

Archived