$10 upgrade?

Tapi

Would you take an upgrade from a 6A cabin on the aft section of the riviera deck to a 6D cabin on the forward section of the Empress deck for $10 per person? (Fascination)

I'm usually preaching about how I would never spend an extra dime on a cabin that is exactly identical just because it's somewhere else on the ship, but this offer looked too good to pass...

Thoughts?

Would you take an upgrade from a 6A cabin on the aft section of the riviera deck to a 6D cabin on the forward section of the Empress deck for $10 per person? (Fascination)

I'm usually preaching about how I would never spend an extra dime on a cabin that is exactly identical just because it's somewhere else on the ship, but this offer looked too good to pass...

Thoughts?

I would rather be in the back than in the front

One deck higher is no big deal.

I don't consider being in same cat cabin just on another deck as an upgrade so I would not take it just for that reason. However I do tend to book most of my cabins in the forward part of the ship. Because that is where the porthole cabins are located and those are my favorite cabins.

I don't consider being in same cat cabin just on another deck as an upgrade so I would not take it just for that reason. However I do tend to book most of my cabin the porthole cabins s in the forward part of the ship. Because that is where the porthole cabins are located and those are my favorite cabins.

What are these porthole cabins ? What does this mean?

Well, thanks for your comments. Even though the current cabin received an overwhelming support, we ended up taking the cabin on the Empress deck for $10 more. The main reason is that we're traveling with a baby/stroller and we thought that being on the Empress right off the atrium might be easier. Otherwise, we would've stuck to what he had.

Thanks again for your input!

I have been on the back of the ship twice. I left both cruises about 5 pounds lighter. LOL I do not like aft at all. It seems all I did was walk, walk, and walk to get anywhere. I love being towards the front. It seems everything is right there. This was for Spirit and Conquest class ships. I think you did the right thing especially if you are with kids.

• 2 weeks later...

You will not regret moving. We were forward Empress when we were just on Fascination and it was just about my favorite location I have ever had. We were a few steps away from Atrium and an easy walk everywhere we went. I will book again on next cruise.

Well, thanks for your comments. Even though the current cabin received an overwhelming support, we ended up taking the cabin on the Empress deck for $10 more. The main reason is that we're traveling with a baby/stroller and we thought that being on the Empress right off the atrium might be easier. Otherwise, we would've stuck to what he had.

Thanks again for your input!

We have done forward Empress and actually loved it. Hope you enjoy.

You might have felt some vibration aft that low of a deck. We had aft/rear facing oceanview Empress on the Imagination and when under full power we felt some vibrations. They didn't bother us, but I wouldn't have wanted to be any closed to the source. Could have been bouncy AND noisy....

We had E164 & E168 on the Fascination - it was a perfect location for us and my parents, Mom was having knee issues and it was an awesome location.

On the Inspiration we were in E7 way up front and LOVED it - close to the laundry, little hallway traffic and I fit perfectly in the alcove for the portholes - neat place to watch the water from. Only heard a little noise when they dropped anchor.

I would have recommended spending the $10 to move from Riveria to Empress. We were on Empress for the first time last cruise and loved it. We usually are upper though on Dream I think we were higher, 8 or 9 because I got a free upgrade to an 4H.

I am thinking about changing our cabin location too. We are booked Main on Freedom but thinking about switching to Upper because it is closer to Club O2 and elevators. And I wouldn't want anyone thinking my child is running around at 1 am when he leaves Club 02 when it closes if our cabin is far away -- I'm just kidding.

We were in an 8e on the Destiny. My wife called to see if any upgrades were available. They put her on hold for a few minutes and came back and said we could move one deck up to the Spa deck for no extra cost. I had the Carnival book open to the deck plans. It was not really an upgrade because they were both 8e.

So an upgrade to them, may not be an upgrade at all.

So, we paid for an upgrade to an Aft Wrap.

Archived