SD1 Spring 2011 Transatlantic crossing

Archipelago

I'm confident that you'll have new CC friends but does that mean you're ditching the old ones?

OMGoodness!! I will never top my old CC friends!! Just can't wait to have a Painkiller or that other "P" drink with you one day, I hope soon!!!

OMGoodness!! I will never top my old CC friends!! Just can't wait to have a Painkiller or that other "P" drink with you one day, I hope soon!!!

Oh, good. I'm relieved as I was concerned that you'd be ditching us. I'm sure we'll have an opportunity sooner or later to test out some of those concoctions and more!

Oh, good. I'm relieved as I was concerned that you'd be ditching us. I'm sure we'll have an opportunity sooner or later to test out some of those concoctions and more!

Have you even met ohmiss yet ctbjr?:)

I will so be with you in spirit ohmiss!

I am in building supplies and we are slow here at work so I am on the internet ordering:o It is nice to get packages that say Royal Mail too !!:D

I am not sure that the London pass will be a good deal for only 3 days but I will see . I want to go to Windsor Castle as I have never been there and I want to go back to the British museum etc. .. you can check it out online just google them both and come up with the website ..but check to see how long it takes to send them here as it may be too late . See you all 3 weeks from tomorrow :p

John B.

Dee - it all feels so much more real when you have those tickets in hand, doesn't it ? :)

Put in my request today to have my pajamas personalized with the name Poppy, my beloved Basset Hound. Mustn't tell my other four hounds - hopefully, I can get four more SD trips in sometime soon and have a complete set named after my entire pack!

DH in Scotland this weekend visiting his mum and the farm where he grew up, so I have some time to get a few things ready, like topping up the IPod, books on Nook and trying to pare down that packing list. It's always the shoes that kill me.

Can you believe it's warm and sunny over Britain right now, whereas it's cold and gray here in not-shutdown-but-still-dysfunctional D.C? Hopefully we'll be blessed with similar sunshine on arrival in London.

Have a fabulous Sea Dream TA Crossing ~~I just arrived home after the March 19th Seabourn Legend Crossing to Malaga ~sea was like glass ~akin to a lake! Sunny, hot, magical days all the way ~it was the best Crossing I've ever experienced!

Bon Voyage ! Have a wonderful time ~:p

Martita B.

Oh my! Personalized pj's! If you hadn't mentioned it we would have known nothing about it. It's hard being a newbie! But we will call tomorrow morning. Hope it's not too late.

Since we will be staying in the UK we would like to take some liquor off with us. Will duty free gin, whisky, etc be sold on board to take away?

We are going to have a sizable on board credit. is there much to buy in the boutique or would it be better spent in the spa? Are the massages and facials good?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers, Dee

Hi Dee. This was the first time I was offered personalization so I guess it's a new thing. It's fun to be a newbie on SD because they make everything so easy and are so wonderful. Lots of oh my gosh moments!

I'm not sure about liquor. I've not seen any for sale and there isnt the types of gift shops you find on larger ships. But they do have a small boutique offering nice jewellery etc. My bet, however, would be the massage, salon treatments which are wonderful on SD. A real treat and much nicer than on big cruise ships. Their salon staff are lovely. When you get onboard you will quickly see the boutique choices and can then decide how best to use your credit.

Oh - so sad - no pj's for us! :( They are only for people who have cruised on SD before - and this is our first time.

And no duty free liquor (except wine) for sail on board either. But that's not a problem. We will probably pick some up during our stop in the Azores.

I also wondered why we weren't asked what spirits we would want in the cabin - as they do on SB. Well, we were told there is only champaign in the cabin. I guess if we want a drink while we are dressing for dinner I will have to send John out to a bar. Or could it be delivered by room service do you think?

Karen - I'm glad to hear the spa is good on board. That will be a great way to use our shipboard credit.

I think it's time to get the suitcase out. Kind of hate to do it as it scares the poor cat! She knows we'll soon be gone.

Cheers - Dee

Dorinda,

I think everyone will have pjs waiting in their cabin the first night -- maybe it's just repeat passengers that get to pre-order?

Your cabin will have a split of champagne waiting for you and the fridge will be stocked with sodas and beer, but no liquor. You could always take a drink back to the cabin with you (my grandmother used to call it a "dressing drink" :)) -- others could tell you if they would deliver one.

Enjoy!

Vandrefalk

I bet Vandrefalk is right. I love the idea of a "dressing drink" Every girl should have one!

My hotels in San Juan and London and my airlines have all emailed me reminding me of my "upcoming visit"

So into the Big Countdown. Safe travels to San Juan everyone and see you onboard :D

I was just on the SD1 last week with my sister. It was incredible. The crew was getting excited about the transatlantic crossing. The service and all the staff are exceptional! Gideon and Mihial were outstanding. I can't imagine experiencing SD1 for 14 days!! I would love to hear all about it and see some pictures. Enjoy!!

I was just on the SD1 last week with my sister. It was incredible. The crew was getting excited about the transatlantic crossing. The service and all the staff are exceptional! Gideon and Mihial were outstanding. I can't imagine experiencing SD1 for 14 days!! I would love to hear all about it and see some pictures. Enjoy!!

Thanks for letting us know about your experience! Sounds wonderful and we can't wait to experience SD for ourselves.

Cheers!

Dee

Archived