2 Questions from Newbie Please

heidik

Is there a weight limit or limit to number of bags that you bring on the Westerdam? I realize the airline policy, but I do not see this in Holland America policy.

Also, if I book the 2nd leg of a b2b now, will I get any kind of reduction/discount once I am on board for the first leg? Should I wait until I'm on board to book the 2nd leg?

Is there a weight limit or limit to number of bags that you bring on the Westerdam? I realize the airline policy, but I do not see this in Holland America policy.

Also, if I book the 2nd leg of a b2b now, will I get any kind of reduction/discount once I am on board for the first leg? Should I wait until I'm on board to book the 2nd leg?

No weight limit nor bag restrictions for the ships. LOL, I remember reading on these boards about one man even bringing a Bark-o-lounger.:) I'm serious!!

I've not heard of a price reduction for the 2nd leg, unless you book a B2B all at the same time. Do not know if there would be a stateroom available for the following week. I, personally would not take that chance.

Joanie

There is no limit, weight or number, for your luggage. If there is any limitation it's how to store the empty bags once you're in the cabin and even then you can ask your cabin steward if he can find a temporary storage place for bags that are in your way. Drove to one cruise and Mrs. K put wheels on her triple dresser and we just towed it behind our SUV. :rolleyes::)

There is no limit, weight or number, for your luggage. If there is any limitation it's how to store the empty bags once you're in the cabin and even then you can ask your cabin steward if he can find a temporary storage place for bags that are in your way. Drove to one cruise and Mrs. K put wheels on her triple dresser and we just towed it behind our SUV. :rolleyes::)

I think that your wife and mine must be sisters!! :D!:D!:D

have done a back to back and recommend that you book asap and request the same room for both crusies. If you don't you will waste a day packing and wating for the next room to be ready. Havae been on b2b where that was a waste of a good day

The biggest favor you can do is not over pack. I remember our first couple of cruises we came home with so much stuff we did not wear. Now that we are past the 30 cruise mark we pack just what we need and nothing else. We usually make out just fine, if we run out we buy a cheap T shirt.

If you are really interested in doing a back-to-back cruise -- do it now.

Also ask if your back-to-back is considered a Collector's Cruise -- there are many of them being offered on various itineraries. There is usually some savings on these Collector's cruises.

Rarely can you get a cabin for a second cruise once you are on the ship -- most cruises are sold out by the time ship sails. Should there be an empty cabin -- you can bet that HAL will charge top dollar for that cabin knowing that you are already on the ship.

Well, it takes up a bit of room with a morning outfit, an afternoon outfit, and an evening outfit. :eek::D

Yes it does! Took us 7 (that's 1-2-3-4-5-6-7!) suitcases for our first 11 day cruise! By day 3 I couldn't remember what I had worn and what I hadn't. :eek:

Yes it does! Took us 7 (that's 1-2-3-4-5-6-7!) suitcases for our first 11 day cruise! By day 3 I couldn't remember what I had worn and what I hadn't. :eek:

Typically we take a total of four clothing bags, that's a garment bag and a 28" regular bag each, and a couple of carry-on bags each so by some counts we have a total of eight. Since my wife is an advanced frequent flier with American we don't pay baggage fees for the checked bags so that's not a issue. The one time we drove to a port, actually our one and only Celebrity cruise out of Galveston, I think Mrs. K took a couple extra bags and I know I took my full camera equipment bag which is pretty large. Let's just say we filled the porter's cart. :eek::)

Archived