fingers crossed.....

heidik

I just booked the 2nd part of my b2b on the Westerdam -- southern Carib. then Eastern....I was seriously considering trying another cruise line for the 2nd trip as I am a newbie and Celebrity is very appealing as well as HAL.....or at least a different HAL ship for the 2nd part, but the Westerdam had the best deal so I'm staying with her for the entire trip! Fingers crossed that I get to stay in my SZ gty room for both trips and toes crossed that I love the Westerdam and don't regret sailing on her the 2nd time - but from everything I've read about the Westerdam, it's going to be heaven....:)

HAL seems to be a little more selective then they used to be on what is a Collectors Cruise, and when they give the discount for a B2B. We booked a B2B on N. Amsterdam for next Dec. Were told that a B2B isn't always a Collectors, and not always eligible for the discount.

I don't have a TA and booked directly on HAL's website

Because you say you booked on HAL's website ... if I were you, I would call HAL directly and point out that you have booked two cruises B2B with them. Maybe (I have no clue) they will then link the reservations together to help you get the same cabin both weeks. It can't hurt to try.

Thank you! I just got off the phone with a very helpful, nice HAL person. She linked my 2 cruises and said I would have the same room! She also said, though, that I may not find out my gty assignment until I'm at the pier at check-in -- I told her, "what? you want me to explode? I can't wait that long!" :eek: She said to check in with HAL 0-7 days before the cruise to see if it has been assigned....

She also said, though, that I may not find out my gty assignment until I'm at the pier at check-in -- I told her, "what? you want me to explode? I can't wait that long!" :eek: She said to check in with HAL 0-7 days before the cruise to see if it has been assigned....
The assignments generally start about 3 weeks out, and the curve seems to peak around 10 days out. We've done 8 guarantees, and most assignments have come around 10 or 11 days out. The furthest out was 18 days, and the shortest "initial assignment" was three days. The reason I say that is that on our last cruise we were given an assignment 11 days out (which was an upgrade) and then another upgrade just 2 days out! We sailed in a V on deck 8 for the price of an H! :D

Since you booked direct with HAL you should get an email ... but I'd start checking every day about 2 weeks out anyway!

Fingers crossed that I get to stay in my SZ gty room for both trips and toes crossed that I love the Westerdam and don't regret sailing on her the 2nd time -

Better cross your arms, legs, and eyes, too. Just kidding; I wanted the mental picture of all those crossed body parts. :o

Although I am not fond of the Vista class ships because of their size, it's only because of their size. I really did enjoy my time on the Westerdam last May. The ship had just been done over, and she was beautiful. I especially liked the show lounge.

Service in the lounges was as good as I have ever had on the larger ships, and much better than I've had on some of them. Cabin and table service were excellent.

You'll like staying on for a second cruise.

Rad - I just started a new thread entitled "I got my cabin assignment" -- I got SS 8051 - which one did you get? I'm hoping that there is not alot of noise being under the Lido area - there's not much info. when I did a search.....I can't wait! :)

Archived