Languages in Port

footballfu45

You wont need to know how to speak Spanish at these ports, as you already know, but I think it is always nice to have some knowledge of their language, and I have never been anywhere in my entire live of travels where folks weren't pleased that I at least tried/attempted to speak their language. In fact I have been on the recieving end of tourists trying their english on me....I also think learning another language broadens our travel experience. JMHO:)

I rest my case.:(

She didn't ask if it would be polite or helpful to learn a language, she asked if she NEEDED to do so. And no, she doesn't because people will speak English. Can she or should she? Different question.

In High School Spanish class, we had two Mexican students. Both had a hard time because as the teacher explained it, there is a difference between the dialect of Spanish and Mexican people.

I would be afraid to try to say something in another language and find out that I just called the taxi driver's Mother a dog or something when all I wanted to do was find a hot dog stand. I know English...they know English. I'll do what is safe. ;)

Archived