Gift for room steward

martymonty

We've already paid our room grats up front when we booked, but just wondering if any of you have ever brought a little something to give to your room stewards. We've always had a male steward, is this always the case. Any ideas of what we could bring.

Cash is best!!

Phone cards and stuff have been suggested in the past.... but most phone cards don't work at all ports, and they get thrown away.

Staff don't really have space in the staff cabins for extra stuff.... why not give him some extra cash, to buy what he wants?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LOL, this thread made me chuckle 'cause it reminded me of a thread a few months ago where a woman was so proud that she "tipped" her steward with a CD she recorded of herself singing. Whew, that was a real doozie:p

I always amazes me how some passengers are so full of themselves.....

LOL, this thread made me chuckle 'cause it reminded me of a thread a few months ago where a woman was so proud that she "tipped" her steward with a CD she recorded of herself singing. Whew, that was a real doozie:p

to echo everybody else.......MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!!

Was her name Florence Foster Jenkins? Those lucky people who have heard Florence's recordings will get this message. The vast majority of you who have not heard her recordings have really missed something. Check out this video -

DON

While I agree that everyone loves cash, doesn't everyone love chocolate too???

Ask the many millions of diabetics out there if they love chocolate. They may love it but they should not eat it.

Also, if a cabin attendant did 20 staterooms (I do not know the actual number) and every person gave him chocolate, he would end up with 20 boxes of chocolates per week. That is about 3 boxes per day. That is a lot of chocolate to eat.

DON

Not all people who clean cabins are male- there are a few women also.

Their cabins are smaller then a regular passenger inside cabin which they share with other crew members. Keep your gift and give them cash.

We've already paid our room grats up front when we booked, but just wondering if any of you have ever brought a little something to give to your room stewards. We've always had a male steward, is this always the case. Any ideas of what we could bring.

Your pre paid gratuties are a gift;)

Archived