MTD Question

Hello. It has been suggested in various posts that you should book MTD reservations as early as possible as they tend to book up quickly. How early is early? Weeks, months? Thanks in advance.

Are you asking about booking online a specific time slot within the MTD prior to your cruise (e.g. 6:30 PM dinner time) or you asking about the timing of switching from main seating traditional dining to MTD prior to your cruise?

If you plan at eating at the same time every day, then one of the traditional slots should do. If you want the option of playing it by ear, then MTD is better. When you book MTD, you will be required to pay the tips right then and there....

If you want to pay tips in cash, you'll need to keep traditional dining. If you want to add your tips to your onboard account, wait until you board to book MTD.

Are you asking about booking online a specific time slot within the MTD prior to your cruise (e.g. 6:30 PM dinner time) or you asking about the timing of switching from main seating traditional dining to MTD prior to your cruise?

Thanks for the replies. Here's the issue, the cruise is a gift, so some of the travelers won't even know about the cruise until about a month before sailing. But I'd like them to be involved in making dining decisions. I was trying to figure out if I could wait until then to make the MTD switch and make individual reservations or if I should go ahead and do it sooner. Thanks again!

Archived