Got the upsell email on Zaandam!

NCTribeFan

In all my cruises on Carnival, I never got a call or email from my PVP offering an upgrade/upsell. I pick my cabin, so I'm not sure I'd move anyway. I see all these threads about "I was offered an "upgrade" from my inside to a balcony cabin for only $400 more per person!!!" And I always think, why didn't you just book the balcony cabin in the first place. I doubt it would've cost that much more originally!

Anyway, we were in L 2687. Three adult women sailing 11/21. Got what I thought was a great price (just over $1,000 each including taxes and port fees). So the email said we could upgrade to Cat C - E for $89 each.

It doesn't appear that there are any Cat C cabins that hold three people, so that was out. I wasn't sure I wanted to move up a deck anyway, as I don't particularly want to be under a public deck.

So we moved to a D cabin, still on Main, midship. And it turned out that the 3rd person wasn't charged the upgrade, so we moved from an L aft to a D midship for $53 each. :D

Our guy said he'd let us know about any verandah cabins, probably next week. They haven't put any remaining verandah's on the upsell list yet, but he said he saw that there were still some available.

We'll probably have to act really quickly should that happen. Any cabins to specifically avoid? The Cat B's that hold three are all aft. What's the diff between B, BB and BC cabins?

Well, I figured it had to do with location. Just there are Bs, then BB, then a BC, and then another B. Just seemed odd. I guess those end cabins are Bs because they're on the end and appear slightly larger (of course, I realize that the deck plans don't tell the whole story when it comes to cabins).

Keeping my fingers crossed that we get the call about a Verandah! That outdoor space would come in really handy with 8 days at sea. Of course, it's not like there isn't plenty of "free" outdoor space merely one deck up.

Archived