Question about Auckland

suey

Does anyone know (of course someone will) how far it is from where the ship docks to the ferry terminal for harbour cruises? Thanks in advance,:)

About 100 m :) The cruiseships berth at Princess Wharf, and the harbour cruises leave from the wharves next to that.

The photo below shows the Ferry/Harbour cruise terminal and it taken from the wharf where the ship will be.

519762.jpg.dc1a4a531801ddffc669fa90e7857789.jpg

maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Auckland,+New+Zealand&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=32.38984,79.013672&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Auckland,+New+Zealand&ll=-36.841207,174.7673&spn=0.003993,0.009645&z=17

30sun2.jpg

Heres a shot from the brdge on Sun Princess. The ferry building is the old brick one.

Which cruise are you thinking of?

Some Harbour cruises leave from the Viaduct area, but that is just as close,just on the other side of Princes Wharf.

About 100 m :) The cruiseships berth at Princess Wharf, and the harbour cruises leave from the wharves next to that.

The photo below shows the Ferry/Harbour cruise terminal and it taken from the wharf where the ship will be.

[ATTACH]174448[/ATTACH]

maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Auckland,+New+Zealand&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=32.38984,79.013672&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Auckland,+New+Zealand&ll=-36.841207,174.7673&spn=0.003993,0.009645&z=17

And it's Princes wharf not Princess too. :) I always get it wrong.

So jus to clarify , is the Princess Wharf where the Rhapsody of the seas will dock on her NZ cruise.

Yep :)

What is the distace from here to the city and are there any attractions close by.

It depends on where in the city you want to go :), For example if you want to go to the Sky Tower its only about a 20 min walk, approx.

And there is attractions close, like the Maritime Museum, Sky Tower etc...

So jus to clarify , is the Princess Wharf where the Rhapsody of the seas will dock on her NZ cruise. What is the distace from here to the city and are there any attractions close by.

when you step off the ship, you'll be right there in the Auckland CBD!

Auckland Skytower is hard to miss, you can see it from pretty much anywhere in Auckland. It well worth a visit.

The Maritime Museum is right next to Princes Wharf and is also worth a look.

If you've got the time, a ferry trip across the Harbour to Devenport is a good way to get a different perspective of Auckland. The ferry's leave from the wharf right next to Princes Wharf (see the earlier posts).

So jus to clarify , is the Princess Wharf where the Rhapsody of the seas will dock on her NZ cruise. What is the distace from here to the city

The Princes wharf is just off the right of that picture, so it's just as close to the city.

HI

I am glad i read this post, we are in Auckland in January and i was wondering how far the ship would be from Sky Tower. I know you said you can walk there but are there also buses from the cruise ship terminal to Sky Tower? I don't mind walking but my friend this time will need some assistance and transport it is.

Thanks Tania

HI

I am glad i read this post, we are in Auckland in January and i was wondering how far the ship would be from Sky Tower. I know you said you can walk there but are there also buses from the cruise ship terminal to Sky Tower? I don't mind walking but my friend this time will need some assistance and transport it is.Thanks Tania

There is a free bus service that does a City Circuit.

You could pick it up from Britomart, a short level walk from the wharf, then travel around to Sky City on it , taking in the sights on the way.

http://www.maxx.co.nz/how-to-travel/take-the-bus/other-bus-services.html

Hey everyone thanks for the tips, well I booked the bridge climb for the 14 december at 1430 and in the morning My wife and I are doing the sky walk at 1015. if you book via the web they want you to pay by cridit card, but just be aware this will incure an overseas transaction and conversion fee. I called them up and I can pay on the day, it was all to easy thanks to SKYPE CREDITS. If anyone is going to be in Auckland on that day are welcome to join us. you can see about sky tower at the following website.

http://www.skywalk.co.nz/

and the brige climb at the following,

http://www.aucklandbridgeclimb.co.nz/

and you can get yo sky tower /sky walk via the free bus

http://www.aucklandnz.com/index.php/content_B/?L1=65&L2=95&L3=&id=620

So come on, who is coin with us from CC

Archived