Disappointing Ventura

9stilton

Hi

We are due to cruise on Ventura in the next week or three. In order that I don't inadvertently criticise ex OV passengers for any social misdemeanour's or possible loutish behaviour I could witness, would they please wear a badge signifying their cruising provenance. Thanks in anticipation ;):D

Cb

i,m sure we would all wear one with pride........hope you approach us and point out what it is that worries you so much.....or is it easier to post snide comments on here, that say more about you than others....!

HELP

Whatever can we do? will we have to cancel? Undesirables on Ventura and what is worse children!!!

No one told us! and we have booked in what turned out to be the Easter holidays. A total disaster.

They must give us our money back. Our cruise is ruined already.

A very unhappy

Dai

lol.....nice to see there are p&o regulars whos possess a sense of humour

Hi

We are due to cruise on Ventura in the next week or three. In order that I don't inadvertently criticise ex OV passengers for any social misdemeanour's or possible loutish behaviour I could witness, would they please wear a badge signifying their cruising provenance. Thanks in anticipation ;):D

Cb

Ocean Village crew have a very distinctive uniform, here is one being issued with his.

http://www.myalbum.com/Album=QV4XDDQQ

Mike

Hi All

Never been on a forum in my life before so here goes .....

Sailing on Ventura on 20 November - flying from Manchester. It's our first time with P&O - here's hoping for some good weather and excellent company!

Ang :)

Hi All

Sailing on Ventura on 20 November - flying from Manchester. It's our first time with P&O - here's hoping for some good weather and excellent company!

Welcome to cruise critic Apso2 :)

Hi All

Hi Aspro2

Hope you have a great cruise, not long for you now.

I am fairly new to forum life, but I do enjoy reading the posts.

We join Ventura on 3rd Dec so look after her for us. I hope you post a review on your return I read all I can about Ventura at the moment good & bad.

Cath

Hi

Cb

Hi CB,

We are on her 4th Dec for two weeks. As ex OVers we will be instantly recognisable as well behaved,smartly dressed and out to enjoy ourselves.

Oddly enough, we intend to do this without attending any of the "formal events", so I don't have to wear said badge as my classy, smart casual will stand out amongst all those penguin suits!

Hope to see you on board.

Hi All

==================================================

Hi Apso

You will love the forums, you can ask every question under the sun but whatever you do refrain from asking questions like.....

" can I wear my flip flops and and shorts to the formal night", it doesn't half wind up some people. Me included by the way:)

Also Rum Rat you can tell the OV people they stoop alot as the chips on their shoulders must weigh heavy.

Lets all take it easy.

==================================================

Hi Apso

You will love the forums, you can ask every question under the sun but whatever you do refrain from asking questions like.....

" can I wear my flip flops and and shorts to the formal night", it doesn't half wind up some people. Me included by the way:)

Also Rum Rat you can tell the OV people they stoop alot as the chips on their shoulders must weigh heavy.

Lets all take it easy.

As a Yorkshireman and an ex-OVer to boot, I must be Rum Rat's worst nightmare.

However, I must say that we prefer our chips on a plate, preferrably with a nice piece of battered haddock and fried in proper hard fat not in that horrible oil so beloved of Fish Shops in other parts of the UK.

Hi CB,

We are on her 4th Dec for two weeks. As ex OVers we will be instantly recognisable as well behaved,smartly dressed and out to enjoy ourselves.

Oddly enough, we intend to do this without attending any of the "formal events", so I don't have to wear said badge as my classy, smart casual will stand out amongst all those penguin suits!

Hope to see you on board.

You can't miss me, 30 year old food stained dinner suit, Loud boorish voice. self opinionated.

But I would buy you a drink :D:D

Cb

have you ever thought about just dropping the "cruise" bit from user name ?...lol

c.bore.....was,nt having an arguement so had nothing to win !....but if you recall the insults started with your childish generilisations of pax who "have" cruised with ov.....who are just ordinary people who enjoyed a different way of cruising to you......and i have done allsorts of cruising !

onboard in sept we met a group of retired teachers, a proffesional football referee, a dentist, architect, and a pilot. whilst on a cunard ship of some repute we met a family of scrap metal dealers and a couple of bingo callers !.........did,nt see any bad behaviour....while once on a princess cruise a wedding party were an absolute nightmare but that would,nt give me the right to stereotype anyone who cruises on princess !!!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=544291&id=581000113&saved

Not sure if this link will work --Spot the Chavs and put an end to all this pettiness -

Ventura pax will HAVE to accept their is going to be a whole influx of OV-ers on the ship as thats where we are all being shunted too.. NOT OUR CHOICE AT ALL !

By the same token us OV-ers have to lump a huge impersonel ship,, wearing clobber <<< that we dont want too .

We will all have to put up with each other ...

If this was any other forum... (on a different subject matter) I am certain everyone would be on same Par. and get on in a decent manner

this *them and Us* is wearing thin now :p

Its a Like and Lump situation that we all have to accept !!!

onboard in sept we met a group of retired teachers, a proffesional football referee, a dentist, architect, and a pilot. whilst on a cunard ship of some repute we met a family of scrap metal dealers and a couple of bingo callers !.........did,nt see any bad behaviour....while once on a princess cruise a wedding party were an absolute nightmare but that would,nt give me the right to stereotype anyone who cruises on princess !!!

Fascinating :confused:

Do you spend all your cruising time cross examining your fellow cruisers as to their Profession/Trade or occupation?

Of all the cruises I have done and all the people I have met, I doubt if I could add up a handful of occupations, and those found during ordinary conversation!

Mike

Fascinating :confused:

Do you spend all your cruising time cross examining your fellow cruisers as to their Profession/Trade or occupation?

Of all the cruises I have done and all the people I have met, I doubt if I could add up a handful of occupations, and those found during ordinary conversation!

Mike

Mike

The one that comes readily to mind was the pole dancer on a Princess cruise.

She was travelling with her mother and was a student at Warsaw Ballet School ;)

Regards

Cb

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=544291&id=581000113&saved

Not sure if this link will work --Spot the Chavs and put an end to all this pettiness -

Ventura pax will HAVE to accept their is going to be a whole influx of OV-ers on the ship as thats where we are all being shunted too.. NOT OUR CHOICE AT ALL !

By the same token us OV-ers have to lump a huge impersonel ship,, wearing clobber <<< that we dont want too .

We will all have to put up with each other ...

If this was any other forum... (on a different subject matter) I am certain everyone would be on same Par. and get on in a decent manner

Its a Like and Lump situation that we all have to accept !!!

Careful Gixxer - your pics look like people are having fun and is that dancing I see? And lots of alcohol too - lol.

Seriously - like you say, it's not a situation OV passengers are happy with and neither are some of the P&O passengers. We want different things, so why can't Carnival see this - it's crazy!:eek:

!

I quite agree Gixxer. I used to contribute to this board on a regular basis (and have also made a few posts on the OV board as well, particularly about Capt. Hutley:D) but to be completely honest this constant narking at each other is tiresome in the extreme.

I recently came back from Azura, well 2 weeks ago to be exact, and for the first time we did this as a purely casual only cruise. I did a 'live from' blog on the P&O website and was going to reproduce it here as I thought it might be useful for people to read.

Having read the ongoing slanging match that this board has now become I've decided against it as I don't want it to turn into yet another battleground:mad:.

Debbie

""and have also made a few posts on the OV board as well, particularly about Capt. Hutley:D)""

Interested to know what your comments were on Captain Hutley. Can you repeat them here or point me to to them please? :o:o

Mike

;)

Girl talk Mike;)! You probably wouldn't be interested.

Debbie

Archived