Disappointing Ventura

9stilton

Highly successul Sales Director? Sorry, International Sales Director!

Do you have your own trumpet or does someone else blow it for you? :(

LOL, actually PMSL but I don't know if that's acceptable on here :o

Gerry, you stick to being the International Man of Mystery :D

I live on benefits and eat beans straight out of the can and I blow a vuvuzela:D

I and you did not have a Catain that admitted he would rather be anywhere else than on the Ventura.

I presume the captain you were referring to is Hamish Reid, an extremely professional guy noted for his dry sense of humour. I understand he also is a training captain.

I would think that if he made a comment like that it was very much tongue in cheek.

Cb

LOL, actually PMSL but I don't know if that's acceptable on here :o

Gerry, you stick to being the International Man of Mystery :D

I live on benefits and eat beans straight out of the can and I blow a vuvuzela:D

Rosebaskets, we would get on like a house on fire, that's for sure!!

:)

The reason I started like that was because who ever started this thread implied that only a certain type of person sailed on OV - I worked my way up being very proud that my dad was a coal miner. It seems that as well as Class snobbery in the UK there is cruise snobbery. I cant spell but I dont need to I have someone else that does that for me. We had three excellent holidays on OV - sadly Ventura was a dissapointment mainly because of the unfriendlyness of the crew and fellow passengers. Oops I forgot to mention that I'm also gay and you should have seen the looks we had at the dinner table when people were put next to us to eat even though we always had a table for two!! We met some lovely people on this holiday - husband and wife, mother and daughter, a lovely lady from Belfast the dance instructors and the band ocean5 and micky the singer and a lovely server called Ruth but nobody else impressed. But we wont be sailing with Ventura or P&O again.

the reason i started like that was because who ever started this thread implied that only a certain type of person sailed on ov - i worked my way up being very proud that my dad was a coal miner. It seems that as well as class snobbery in the uk there is cruise snobbery. I cant spell but i dont need to i have someone else that does that for me. We had three excellent holidays on ov - sadly ventura was a dissapointment mainly because of the unfriendlyness of the crew and fellow passengers. Oops i forgot to mention that i'm also gay and you should have seen the looks we had at the dinner table when people were put next to us to eat even though we always had a table for two!! We met some lovely people on this holiday - husband and wife, mother and daughter, a lovely lady from belfast the dance instructors and the band ocean5 and micky the singer and a lovely server called ruth but nobody else impressed. but we wont be sailing with ventura or p&o again.

Result!

:)

Everybody should stop mentioning the word class in my opinion. The middle classes are the worst at moaning about other classes. The aristocracy in general are a good bunch who can talk to anybody and usually do. Princess Diana was a very good example of somebody who could talk to anybody and enjoyed doing so.

THe worst are the nouveau riche, those who have come into money and have to tell everyone else how important they are, how much they paid for their suite! We met a couple of those on Artemis.

Class is manners, doesn't matter where you were dragged up or whether your dad was down a coalmine or swept the streets. Manners maketh man.

Everybody should stop mentioning the word class in my opinion. The middle classes are the worst at moaning about other classes. The aristocracy in general are a good bunch who can talk to anybody and usually do. Princess Diana was a very good example of somebody who could talk to anybody and enjoyed doing so.

THe worst are the nouveau riche, those who have come into money and have to tell everyone else how important they are, how much they paid for their suite! We met a couple of those on Artemis.

Class is manners, doesn't matter where you were dragged up or whether your dad was down a coalmine or swept the streets. Manners maketh man.

Could not agree more

If you need to tell anyone how classy you are

Well.................nuf said ;)

Cb

Have a look at Thomson cruises. The crew are actively encouraged to mix and be friendly and the passengers are very down to earth. The ships are older and less glitzy but the atmosphere on board is marvellous. The food and entertainment are excellent. I have sailed several times on both cruise lines and what suits one person doesn't always suit another.

Carol x

Oh the Ventura will love me - not a northern accent but a scottish one shock horror and a couple of tats to boot !!! , a son who likes to wear a football shirt (calm down not at dinner !!!) and me preffering to have a beer with my dinner rather than a glass of wine (vinegar to me).

I've previously sailed with Thomsons and had a superb time with them twice but we decided we wanted to try a bigger ship , beginning to wonder if i've made the right choice as i cannot be arsed with this "class" nonsense , you are who you are and snobbery is the one thing that gets my dander up !

Iain 1873, you can have beer with dinner but the wine waiter will have to fetch it from one of the bars as they don't keep it in the dining room. Paul never drinks wine either, so he discussed with the wine waiter what beer (and how many) he would want for the following evening and it was waiting for him when we got to the table.

Carol x

Oh Rosebaskets you trying to start a fight ??? lol

Posh doesn't bother me , you can be posh and not a snob surely ? , it's snobbishness (is it a word ??) that p's me off , and unfortunately even here in Scotland we have our fair share of them as well :confused:

Oh the Ventura will love me - not a northern accent but a scottish one shock horror and a couple of tats to boot !!! , a son who likes to wear a football shirt (calm down not at dinner !!!) and me preffering to have a beer with my dinner rather than a glass of wine (vinegar to me).

I've previously sailed with Thomsons and had a superb time with them twice but we decided we wanted to try a bigger ship , beginning to wonder if i've made the right choice as i cannot be arsed with this "class" nonsense , you are who you are and snobbery is the one thing that gets my dander up !

Hi Iain I sailed with Thomson on the Destiny and loved it and their friendly singing waiters. Like yourself hubby and I are venturing on to the Ventura and a little concerned also about all this class and snobbishness, but they will not stop us having a good time. It will keep me entertained if I come across any of this. Also I am originally from Fife, so another Scot. - Trish

is this thread not getting out of hand...

We were on the Ventura Xmas cruise. Really enjoyed it. We were on Azura's 3rd cruise in May and preferred Ventura. Mainly as the age range was more diverse.

We met so many different types of people and unlike one poster, despite being a gay couple, felt totally comfortable and experienced no issues whatsoever. Every night we talked with different people and really enjoyed it.

The Captain, Hamish Reid, was the best we have experienced and his interview in the theatre was standing room only. Yes there were one or two groups who were on the odd occassion a little noisy and a few who seemingly didnt go for the formality of the MDR however the formal nights produced the best dressed group of passengers Ive seen to date on a cruise.

Archived