Wi-Fi in Neptune Lounge?

kent4489

Yea, just got un upsell to a Deluxe Suite on the Ryndam. ;-)

I was just looking at the list of included amenities and read - "wi-fi for a small charge". Does this mean wi-fi on my own laptop or do they have computers for use? I wasn't planning to bring my laptop, but to buy a package in the internet cafe. We don't plan to spend much time online, just check in daily for important e-mails (we both have elderly Mothers and like updates), so I really don't want to lug my laptop for quick uses.

Thanks for the info.

Yea, just got un upsell to a Deluxe Suite on the Ryndam. ;-)

I was just looking at the list of included amenities and read - "wi-fi for a small charge". Does this mean wi-fi on my own laptop or do they have computers for use? I wasn't planning to bring my laptop, but to buy a package in the internet cafe. We don't plan to spend much time online, just check in daily for important e-mails (we both have elderly Mothers and like updates), so I really don't want to lug my laptop for quick uses.

Thanks for the info.

I use WiFi in our cabin and in Neptune on my Acer netbook. Small and lightweight for travel.

Some folks here talk about laptops they say they have seen in Neptune that guests can use but I can't say for sure as I've never actually seen someone 'borrow' one.

One hundred minute package available for $55 plus one time start up charge of $3.95.

Two hundred fifty minutes for $100 plus same start up.

Or $ .70 per minute.

You can always go to Exploration Cafe and use the computers there. Every ship has computers available for guests' use at that location.

Thanks for the replies. Yes, we used the Explorations Cafe when we were on the Eurodam in Feb. and I do remember it was SLOW! Just thought it would be very convenient to check e-mail in the Neptune, but just didn't want to bother bringing my laptop for the small amount of time I intend to spend online. I'll take my chances... if there is a computer there, fine. If not, I'll go to the Explorations. Thanks again!

All passengers pay the same price for internet -- no discounts for anyone. And no discounts if you use the computer in the Neptune Lounge.

Not all ships have a computer in the Neptune Lounge. Wish I could remember which ones do not have a computer -- but I do remember that the Ryndam does not have one as we were recently on that ship.

Thank you. I did not expect a discount. I already planned to buy an internet package. Just wondered if there is an actual computer to use in the Neptune. Thanks for confirming there is not one on the Ryndam. I'll plan to stop in the Explorations.

All passengers pay the same price for internet -- no discounts for anyone. And no discounts if you use the computer in the Neptune Lounge.

Not all ships have a computer in the Neptune Lounge. Wish I could remember which ones do not have a computer -- but I do remember that the Ryndam does not have one as we were recently on that ship.

I made it an absolute point to look each time I went into Neptune Lounge on Eurodam two weeks ago and never once saw a laptop that appeared to be for use by guests. If they had one, it was not evident or obvious and I was looking.

I made it an absolute point to look each time I went into Neptune Lounge on Eurodam two weeks ago and never once saw a laptop that appeared to be for use by guests. If they had one, it was not evident or obvious and I was looking.

When we were on the Eurodam in 2008 -- there was one.

Wonder if it broke and they just never bother to replace it?

Thank you. I did not expect a discount. I already planned to buy an internet package. Just wondered if there is an actual computer to use in the Neptune. Thanks for confirming there is not one on the Ryndam. I'll plan to stop in the Explorations.

For the 2 weeks that we were on the Ryndam hardly anyone was using the computers in the Explorations Cafe.

And nearly every day there was some kind of a special to get people to buy packages and use the computers.

Thanks again for the info on the Exploration computers not being too crowded. I don't intend to spend much time online, just need to check on our Mothers and the pet sitter will send us updates too.

Just had another thought... does anyone know if you can go online with an iTouch? For no more than I intend to go online, I could check e-mail on my iTouch.

Which makes me think of one more question... do the dlx. suites have a docking station? We had one when we were on the Eurodam. Maybe I could get dual purpose from the iTouch.

Thanks again!

On the Noordam in April there was a laptop there. I sat up my account on it and then used my notebook in our room, only 2 doors down from Neptune. I set up a gmail account before we left home so my DH and my DD Husband could send us emails as well as us send back to them. It was slow but i would usually write off line and then log on.

The laptop in the lounge was there the entire cruise and a lot of people were using it.

Helen

Thanks again for the info on the Exploration computers not being too crowded. I don't intend to spend much time online, just need to check on our Mothers and the pet sitter will send us updates too.

Just had another thought... does anyone know if you can go online with an iTouch? For no more than I intend to go online, I could check e-mail on my iTouch.

Which makes me think of one more question... do the dlx. suites have a docking station? We had one when we were on the Eurodam. Maybe I could get dual purpose from the iTouch.

Thanks again!

I used my iPad on the Veendam so your iPod Touch should work equally well.

I didn't see a docking station.

There was a laptop in the Neptune Lounge on the Veendam.

Archived