Family of 4 Help!

Boatingmom

Can a Lanai cabin fit a family of four? On a Bermuda cruise out of NYC, the HAL website is showing only full price for the children in the same cabin and does not show any lanai cabins a year out. Does anybody know when the lower fares for the 3rd & 4th person or children free promotions kick in? Does anybody have cabin booking advice for a family of four??:confused:

We are confirming our booking for an Alaska sailing (Volendam Aug 24) today. Kids are $99 each plus tax but still under $200. The only classes that we could book were: Large inside "L"; Large Outside "FF, F, E"; Deluxe Verandah "S" and Penthouse "PS". Although the kids' rate of $99 stayed the same for all of the above, the adult rate did not, obviously! :D

I know it is a different ship but I hope it is helpful. I went to an on-line travelagent and just put in 2 adults, 2 kids and did a search on the date and the available cabins came up.

Good luck!

countdown.pl?image=alaska&name=1of4&date=8-24-2011&text=First family cruise!&ship=Volendam

We are confirming our booking for an Alaska sailing (Volendam Aug 24) today. Kids are $99 each plus tax but still under $200. The only classes that we could book were: Large inside "L"; Large Outside "FF, F, E"; Deluxe Verandah "S" and Penthouse "PS". Although the kids' rate of $99 stayed the same for all of the above, the adult rate did not, obviously! :D

I know it is a different ship but I hope it is helpful. I went to an on-line travelagent and just put in 2 adults, 2 kids and did a search on the date and the available cabins came up.

Good luck!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Enjoy your Alaskan cruise.

Thanks so much! We wanted the kids to see Alaska and glaciers while they are still around. We thought long and hard about which line and which ship and HAL just kept coming up on top. Our kids (7 and 10 at time of sailing) are quiet and I just couldn't envision Disney with 1000+ kids, according to estimates.

countdown.pl?image=alaska&name=1of4&date=8-24-2011&text=First family cruise!&ship=Volendam

Thanks so much! We wanted the kids to see Alaska and glaciers while they are still around. We thought long and hard about which line and which ship and HAL just kept coming up on top. Our kids (7 and 10 at time of sailing) are quiet and I just couldn't envision Disney with 1000+ kids, according to estimates.

We were on the Eurodam with our 10 yo last year in the Mediterranean. She loved the cruise and Club Hal. I also couldn't imagine a cruise with a ton of kids (and I have three of my own!). Here is a link to some of our pictures. Alaska is beautiful. We were there in 2008 and my parents went on the Ryndam this year.

http://cid-c2be281b2e56baf0.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Europe-2010?ct=photos

diane

2 and 3 star mariners receive a 50% discount for the 3/4 passenger on select sailings and 4 star mariners can take along the 3/4 passenger at no extra charge---on select sailings.

Even if you could put 4 people in a lanai cabin you would not want to. The cabins are not very large.

Even if you could put 4 people in a lanai cabin you would not want to. The cabins are not very large.

I want to second sapper's wise advice here. The "large outside" cabins aren't that large when you try to stuff four people in them, in the first place. The lanai outside cabins are even smaller.

Not only that, but the arrangement of the bed makes it very difficult to move around the room, and also means there are no drawers in the desk. Storage would be totally inadequate.

Being an outside cabin means there is a tub instead of a shower, which means the vanity is very small. Storage in the bathroom, again, would be inadequate.

Consider a larger cabin, or two connecting cabins.

We are cruising for two weeks in November and our son is cruising for free with us thanks to holland. We had to book a two week cruise in order for him to be free, but we have cruised holland in the past for less days and he was only $99. Keep on checking fares because they run 3rd and 4th person deals often

It all depends on the HAL ship you are taking. On the larger ships the verandah cabins can take four but on the smaller ships they can't. We ran into this when we booked the Ryndam. The available cabins for four are limited are as 1of4 stated. We ended up booking an E cabin. Take a look at these.

You should just look at the deck plan for the ship - on HAL there will be a circle symbol (for those cabins holding three) and a square symbol for those holding four. If the room doesn't have these symbols, then they are for two people only (exception is some of the suites may not have the sybols, but when you read the sleeping arrangements, they can sleep upt to 4).

Because our family has sailed numerous times before, we know how to do it without getting (excessively) into each other's way.

Because I sail with DW and two DD's, I often use the shower in the fitness center to relieve congestion in the cabin. This worked out especially well on the Eurodam, because we purchased access to the hydrotherapy suite, and this gave us access to lockers.

Even without a locker, a person can use the shower in the fitness center, so long as they bring their change of clothes on a hanger and don't bring any valuables.

One does not need a spa access card to use the fitness center or locker room.

Archived