Canaletto

DocM4

We will be in Traditional Dining on the Golden and it appears that we would be in the Canaletto Dining room - from looking at the deck plans this room appears to be at the rear of the ship with no way to walk forward on that deck - am I right?

We will be in Traditional Dining on the Golden and it appears that we would be in the Canaletto Dining room - from looking at the deck plans this room appears to be at the rear of the ship with no way to walk forward on that deck - am I right?

Yes. You are correct. You have to go up one level to move to other parts of the ship.

The Traditional dining room is aft on deck 6, and the Anytime dining rooms are mid-ship on decks 5 and 6. Between the two on deck 6, are the kitchens. Thus, no way to walk from one dining room to the other. It's not a big deal because all you have to do is to go up one flight to deck 7, and you can walk the entire length of the ship.

We like to use the aft elevators to reach deck 6.

Otherwise as stated deck 7 is your friend. ;)

There are only two elevators that go down to Deck 6 on the Golden and they can become quite crowded with long waits. It is better to walk from Deck 7 if you can. When Princess moved the location of Skywalkers forward they also modified the design to have all four aft elevators go to Deck 6 and the Traditional Dining Room.

There are only two elevators that go down to Deck 6 on the Golden and they can become quite crowded with long waits. It is better to walk from Deck 7 if you can. When Princess moved the location of Skywalkers forward they also modified the design to have all four aft elevators go to Deck 6 and the Traditional Dining Room.

Yes any elevator can become quite crowded but you still have to get down to deck 7 and you may as well stay on the aft elevator through to deck 6.

We had a smooth process each time we went to dinner.

Yes any elevator can become quite crowded but you still have to get down to deck 7 and you may as well stay on the aft elevator through to deck 6.

We had a smooth process each time we went to dinner.

I've noted that the elevators going to the traditional dining room can become quite crowded. DW has some issues with stairs so we are forced to wait. A couple of times the wait caused us to be a few minutes late for dinner.....

Bob

I've noted that the elevators going to the traditional dining room can become quite crowded. DW has some issues with stairs so we are forced to wait. A couple of times the wait caused us to be a few minutes late for dinner.....

Bob

I agree, however I was surprised at the availability of those aft elevators on the Emerald in July and the Ruby in March. They seemed to be programed better and were not quite as crowded and came soon after pressing the down button. ;)

Archived