Labadee with a 4 year old

sara mom

Hi all! We are sailing 12/6 on Enchantment with my 4 year old. I've read on these boards that the Arawalk Aqua Park is not really an option for her because you have to pull yourself up onto the inflatables. What would be the best beach to spend time on/swim for her? We have masks and snorkles already, but need to grab some fins before we leave.

Can she spend time in the child watch program while I am on a beach?

Thanks for your help!

Sara's mom- Rochester,NY:rolleyes:

Yes..AO comes to the beach on that day, so she can spend time there. As far as "which beach"...Labadee isn't so large that you can't just wander until you find a spot you like... I would simply make this a beach day, and not purchase "excursions, or Aqua Park time....since this day is included in your fare, it seems silly to spend additional funds when you really don't have to!

On the ship they have maps of the different areas at Labadee that shows the beaches, restrooms, food & drink places, etc. I don't remember the name of the beach that I went to but it was right next to the vendors market and it was a nice calm beach without waves.

I was there this past summer with a six year old and a three year old. I also agree that you should avoid excursions and just enjoy beach time on Labadee.

The smaller beach that is near the aqua park is ideal for kids. You may have to walk through the market area to get to it, or ride the bus/tram, but its WELL worth it.

That beach has a better view and scenery on top of the fact that its easier on little feet since the sand is softer and less rugged.

If you check the cruise video in my sig, you'll see some footage from Labadee...the good kid beach is right around the 6 min mark.

-Chris

Archived