We did it! First time going on Celebrity!

Jamrenjer

We booked on the Century for the 4 day--$199 guarantee inside. In a previous post, we mentioned we have sailed on Princess, RCCL, Costa, NCL and Carnival-- but have not gone on Celebrity. We are looking forward-- as we have read so many positives about Celebrity. Thanks again to those who gave their comments and input. Quick question-- when is the earliest time to board? Thanks much!

;)

We booked on the Century for the 4 day--$199 guarantee inside. In a previous post, we mentioned we have sailed on Princess, RCCL, Costa, NCL and Carnival-- but have not gone on Celebrity. We are looking forward-- as we have read so many positives about Celebrity. Thanks again to those who gave their comments and input. Quick question-- when is the earliest time to board? Thanks much!

;)

Please understand you are not exactly going on a top of the line Celebrity cruise. If you have sailed on the new Princess and RCCL ships, my guess is you will be complaining about the Century. Your bad!

Well, they normally don't discount the brand new top-of-the-line ships to $50/day, either. Don't burst the OP's bubble--I bet they have a fab time for $199--I know I would!

Me too:D:):D

Please understand you are not exactly going on a top of the line Celebrity cruise. If you have sailed on the new Princess and RCCL ships, my guess is you will be complaining about the Century. Your bad!

Wow! I don't see anything bad about booking a cruise for that price.

Have a great cruise, OP!

Georgie-One-- thanks for your comment... though in a dozen cruises there has never been a "bad" one... we have been on grand new ships to small old ones... we will certainly take into account that the Century is older-- and from our previous post asking for advice- we were made well-aware that the Century is older etc.... we just could not pass up the $199 price... maybe it will just wet our appetite for going on another Celebrity. lol! Thank you, everyone else--for your kind words too! :)

Just because a ship isn't brand new and really big doesn't mean it's not worth cruising! We sailed Century 4 days last April and I have fallen in love with the ship! We are doing the same 4 day cruise on Century again this December, the price was cheap and so was the airfare! We are also booked on the 8 day Wine Country cruise in May 2012.

When we sailed in April, we were sitting at the pool bar having a drink before noon.:D

I think you are gonna love the Century and Celebrity:)

Beth

We did our first X cruise, a 14 night Century TA, two year ago and got to pick our deck 9 corner aft FV cabin for 480 euros each which included taxes and port charges, about $600 at the then exchange rate. It was a great cruise on a very nice ship with an very good staff at about $42 each per day.

Archived