Splendor, Splendor, Splendor Combined Thread

ChaylaT

Kind of ironic that when you are on a cruise, one of the few TV stations you get is 9News in Denver, that's the only time I've watched that station, I thought the anchor on the video looked familiar.

Then, one of their employees is onboard the ship and the first to get cell service back to report on conditions on the ship.

Denver stations are broadcast on the Carnival ships on the west coast, they probably get a discount... hehe

I see such love and light here!!!!!! To each their own - Bash all you want - You have no clue if its thats bad or what - your guessing so get off your assumptions and and be possitive - life is what you make of it. Go live in a 3rd world country and you would see this would be paradise to some. I gave my opion and mow you chose to beat me black and blue over it? Carnival seems to be doing everything in their power to try and accomodate these people. They got the toilets up and working didnt they? !!!! :D

Practice what you preach:D And what does a 3rd world country have to do with a cruise:confused:

Now on Marine Traffic things have gotten quite interesting. She's sped up to 6.6 knots, and took a hard turn towards land about a half hour ago, and looks like to be heading straight towards Ensenada or is going to turn again to keep the ship close to land while heading up to San Diego.
If you click on the "light" blue boat and read the details, it says the vessel is "law enforcement." The big boat, heading straight, is still the Splendor.

Denver stations are broadcast on the Carnival ships on the west coast, they probably get a discount... hehe

Do you know why you see so many Denver stations when on a cruise? The mountains make it tough for small cable companies around Colorado to pick up the Denver stations. So, they spend a great deal of money to put their signals up on C-Band satellite 24/7. These are the big dishes, not the small DirectTV and Dish Network dishes. The cruise ships have the big dishes that can move with the ship to stay on the satellite. So it is easy for them to pick up several Denver stations, even when far out at sea. I'm sure they have to have some sort of "agreement" with these stations too.

Sorry if this is dumb, but why were the life boats ruled out? I wish them all a safe return home. Also, I would try to make the best of it, but it would not be easy like some of these folks are saying. It's okay to look at the aircraft for a few minutes and mingle ...but dang when day 2 comes around its gonna be a little harder for me to be all "pepped" up about things. Anyway, what about the lifeboats?

Sorry if this is dumb, but why were the life boats ruled out? I wish them all a safe return home. Also, I would try to make the best of it, but it would not be easy like some of these folks are saying. It's okay to look at the aircraft for a few minutes and mingle ...but dang when day 2 comes around its gonna be a little harder for me to be all "pepped" up about things. Anyway, what about the lifeboats?

lifeboats was not needed, thats why are they unused. If the ship was in danger in sinking then they will be used

Sorry if this is dumb, but why were the life boats ruled out? I wish them all a safe return home. Also, I would try to make the best of it, but it would not be easy like some of these folks are saying. It's okay to look at the aircraft for a few minutes and mingle ...but dang when day 2 comes around its gonna be a little harder for me to be all "pepped" up about things. Anyway, what about the lifeboats?[/quo

You are joking right?

Wow I am not trying to be a doomsdayer but this is hardly a MILD BUMP interferring with a vacation. A mild bump is missing a port, or missing the ship, but NOT a ship dead in the water without enough food or not close enough to land to even communicate.

A ship dead in the water is dead in the water. Never mind the conditions - which we can all assume based on initial reports is horrible at best. Has anyone here had to wait 2 hours for spam and pop tarts? Or any food for that matter? I continue to be shocked at the people in denial land about how serious this actually is right now. This is no longer about comfort and enjoyment - it is about safety and survival.

The blessing in all of this right now is the weather! Thank god they dont have any crazy seas or you are for sure looking at a nightmare.

Yes you can pass the time watching the military conduct FOOD drops so that you can eat, or perhaps you can peacefully watch the little tug boats inch you back to safety praying that they dont break down again, or perhaps you can take advantage of having NO LIGHT in your room and take a much needed rest...... but COME ON people this is a scary situation and will continue to be that way until this massive ship gets hooked up to a dock.

I do think some memorable stories will for sure come out of this particular trip but until they are on a dock - none of it is entertaining or light. I for one would be very concerned if any of my family was on board...I would NOT be celebrating my next free cruise...

(PS Cudos for Carnival - They seem to be doing the best they can in this emergency).

ruled out of what? The ship isn't sinking? Your post makes no sense

If you think it is bad on the ship.. try putting a couple hundred people in the lifeboat which would still take 12 to 20 hours to get to shore... They really aren't built for comfort of cruising.. just to sustain life.

Wow I am not trying to be a doomsdayer but this is hardly a MILD BUMP interferring with a vacation. A mild bump is missing a port, or missing the ship, but NOT a ship dead in the water without enough food or not close enough to land to even communicate.

A ship dead in the water is dead in the water. Never mind the conditions - which we can all assume based on initial reports is horrible at best. Has anyone here had to wait 2 hours for spam and pop tarts? Or any food for that matter? I continue to be shocked at the people in denial land about how serious this actually is right now. This is no longer about comfort and enjoyment - it is about safety and survival.

The blessing in all of this right now is the weather! Thank god they dont have any crazy seas or you are for sure looking at a nightmare.

Yes you can pass the time watching the military conduct FOOD drops so that you can eat, or perhaps you can peacefully watch the little tug boats inch you back to safety praying that they dont break down again, or perhaps you can take advantage of having NO LIGHT in your room and take a much needed rest...... but COME ON people this is a scary situation and will continue to be that way until this massive ship gets hooked up to a dock.

I do think some memorable stories will for sure come out of this particular trip but until they are on a dock - none of it is entertaining or light. I for one would be very concerned if any of my family was on board...I would NOT be celebrating my next free cruise...

(PS Cudos for Carnival - They seem to be doing the best they can in this emergency).

LOl nothing scary about it.

I would definitely be in the pop tart line!;) It's not like they are on Survivor...having to eat bugs and such....sure...conditions are unpleasant...but i don't think it is scary....

Actually the article on Yahoo was more upbeat than this one. I would provide the link but I can't get it work. Just read it on Yahoo.

This is one persons opinion that was able to report back.

There are positive people and negative people. We are going to hear both sides when the reports from the passengers start coming in.

It will be hard to believe they were on the same cruise.

Toni

So....what else is new??? That happens on the NCL forum all the time.

So she is heading towards Ensenada according to that.

I have a stupid dumb question, the Paradise just arrived at Ensenada about a half hour ago, will she be on her way before the Spendor gets there?

If not, can Ensenada handle both the Paradise and the Splendor? (I've never been to the Mexican Riviera before).

Yes, when we were in Ensenada on the Paradise mid-Oct. the Spirit was also docked there. The ships were parked at 90 degree angles from each other.

Just read on the Carnival news site:

"Carnival has also cancelled the Nov. 14 seven-day cruise from Long Beach. Guests scheduled to sail on this voyage will receive a full refund of their cruise fare and air transportation costs, along with a 25 percent discount on a future cruise."

Hopefully, for the Nov. 21st cruise and the wedding party of 40 at a later date, the ship will be operational.

I'm sailing on the Carnival Valor on Dec 19th and sincerely hope that the ship is checked thoroughly before we leave the Miami port. Am sailing with my 2 nieces - first time cruisers - but they know things happen.

Archived