Splendor, Splendor, Splendor Combined Thread

ChaylaT

at least they where close to land and not hundreds of miles off the coast where it will take the USCG hours to get to them

Yep, this is precisely why if you watch a cruise ship's path they never really stray to far from the coast, if they can.

I hope everyone is okay. Very scary situation.

The cynic in me is thinking of the people trying to line up at the purser's desk asking for a full refund and a free sailing.

Yep. I more than sure that this situation will not stop some cruisers from asking for a refund. Passengers will be dissapointed and they will demand refunds, credit, free things etc, etc. BUT it is what it is. Things happen and thats just it.

I was on the Splendor last December and it didnt make it to Mazatlan because of some crashing incident but I still made the best of it. Heck, sure Beats a day here at work!

I hope everyone is okay. Very scary situation.

The cynic in me is thinking of the people trying to line up at the purser's desk asking for a full refund and a free sailing.

Me too but it seems to be much more serious than that, from reports.

Yep. I more than sure that this situation will not stop some cruisers from asking for a refund. Passengers will be dissapointed and they will demand refunds, credit, free things etc, etc. BUT it is what it is. Things happen and thats just it.

If it is as bad as the report is making it sound....... I imagine everyone onboard will be receiving a refund.

This accident is going to cost Carnival big time in the pockets.

***This just in.....all steaks are now an additional charge. LOL :D:D:D

There is a strong possibility that the Carnival Splendor will disembark in San Diego tomorrow morning. Stay tuned......

David

And since that would be a cruise starting and ending in two separate US ports without a visit to a foreign port . . . . .

Eeeeek!!

Technically they will be walking across the US-Mexico border if the ship docks in Ensenada, so if they went with a BC instead of a PP, they should be ok. I wonder if the necessary repairs can be completed before next Sunday?

David

First let me say, I HOPE I AM TOTALLY WRONG!!! But i have allways been a realist. I wouldn't expect this ship to be cruising any time soon. If the fire is / was as bad as the news made it out to be there will have to be some engine work done and parts replaced and you just don't go by those kind of parts at auto zone.

Archived